Sign in to follow this  
Majik

Styling Opinions needed and paint questions

Right my car will be going in to get that dent on the wing sorted out aswell as a respray and another door for the passenger side.

Getting a Reiger grille at the same time.

My other question is i've never got a straight answer when i ask people how much to do the A6 door handle conversion and who can do this perhaps cos its part of the whole cost.

The garage i've taken it to wont carry out this Mod but i'd take it to someone who can fit the plate in and filler it, i'll do the linkage and the bodyshop can spray it.

i'm going to get a chin spoiler i like the golf 2 lower front spoiler advertised by Raceland, would this be the same dimensions as a corrado chin spoiler?

For the bodyshop guys here, is the difference in the quality of paint used by garages, my neighbour got his 1993 golf (door) sprayed in 1995 by VW and the later paint has faded badly!

so what paint company or brands shall i get the guy to use when he sprays it?

The car is in mettalic black and if i get a replacement door i'd like to get metallic black if the A6 conversion dont go through!

if i get anotheer colour how visible would the previous colour be and where would it be visible?

firstly mate the door handle conversion is going to be expensive when i fitted a80 handles to mine it took a full weekend to get one door right could be done quicker but as mine is also black its gotta be perfect,ideally the plates need to be put in with a proper spot welder a mig welder warps the door skin

as far as paint quality sikkens is by far the best but most others ici,du pont, glasurit are good aswell

hth

funky

depends on the type of paint you go for,theres cellulose,2 pack,and theres a new one out cant remeber what its called,but i think it begins with a "D" that is supposed to be really good,but expensive,as for paint makes,well there are loads to go for..ppg,hmg,the list goes on and on

THe bodyshop which i use will be using normal da bear paint. He said it cost around £20 per litre how litres are needed for the corrado, can someone explain to me the difference between cellulose and two pack cos i aint got a clue!

with two pack you need to add an hardener to the paint,and with the old style two pack,you had to wear an oxygen mask as the fumes contained cyanide(i think)but its all been changed now

with two pack you need to add an hardener to the paint

Yeah, cellulose paints have a thinner in them/added to them that evaporates out leaving the paint dried onto what ever it was on. Two pack paints have two parts, the pigment part and an activator part. The paint will only "go off" (ie set) when these are mixed properly and then sprayed onto something.

im not a sprayer so it doesnt matter how they are mixed or sprayed!

just want to know the difference in terms of quality of finish and looks