Sign in to follow this  
JBOB

Shades of Black

My car is currently in the bodyshop :D and I was going to have the respray in L041 VW Black but the bodyshop showed me loads of different colour chips today and now im confused :D :D Im after a really deep dark :lol: black but NON metallic.

What black cars have you guys seen that look good ??

Good thing about the bodyshop im using is that they email me 10-15 photos everyday as im at work and cant keep going over to see it.

What's wrong with L041? I can recommend it :)

Nothing wrong with it :lol: Just wondered what my options were 8)

Porsche's Panther black from the 80's/90's was quite a deep non metalic black IIRC

my fave black/blacks are

Porsche's Basalt black and Mercedes's Blue/Black....think they're both metalics tho

My car is currently in the bodyshop :D and I was going to have the respray in L041 VW Black but the bodyshop showed me loads of different colour chips today and now im confused :D :D Im after a really deep dark :lol: black but NON metallic.

What black cars have you guys seen that look good ??

Good thing about the bodyshop im using is that they email me 10-15 photos everyday as im at work and cant keep going over to see it.

BMW jet black, that's a pretty 'dark' black.

There must be more shades of black than anything else :?

Ford "Black" (circa around 1970) is just straight BLACK.... you can't get much darker 'cos that's the only pigment in there! :lol:

Ford "Black" (circa around 1970) is just straight BLACK.... you can't get much darker 'cos that's the only pigment in there! :lol:

:) right click and save first.

Well after looking a god knows how many different blacks at the bodyshop this morning I found a really nice Mercedes black 8) I think the code is 040 I cant really remember :roll: but I saw a Merc on the way there this morning that was all polished up and even in the gloom it looked good :lol:

EDIT - Just seen your post gsbellew Nice choice :wink: :wink:

:iamwithstupid: yeah, Matt black with Primer grey racing stripes! :silly: :lol:

*edit* awww.... you've gone with a merc colour while we were busy coming up with suggestions... :( :lol:

:iamwithstupid: yeah, Matt black with Primer grey racing stripes! :silly: :lol:

*edit* awww.... you've gone with a merc colour while we were busy coming up with suggestions... :( :lol:

I had to leave early as its two buses to the bodyshop. Now I remember why i dont use public transport :roll:

Thanks for the suggestions though :D but I think ill leave the grey primer stripes to you Henny :lol: :lol:

I had to leave early as its two buses to the bodyshop. Now I remember why i dont use public transport :roll:

Thanks for the suggestions though :D but I think ill leave the grey primer stripes to you Henny :lol: :lol:

What? You don't like the paint scheme I did on my Type 2 van then?!? :roll:

Looked rather good, although the (matt) flourescent green pin stripe WAS a little overkill...

The eventual plan was to laquer the whole thing to make it gloss, but I scrapped the van before I got around to doing that bit... :lol:

The eventual plan was to laquer the whole thing to make it gloss, but I scrapped the van before I got around to doing that bit... :lol:

Ive seen you drive :wink: :lol: :lol:

L041

is it just me or do the paint colours for the corrado remind anyone else of the name of the teraforming colony type place in Aliens?

@ Jbob, excellent choice of colour :wink:

Was going to post this to help you decide, bit late now though.

040black.jpg

Gives an idea of what the colour is like polished up though.

@ Jbob, excellent choice of colour :wink:

Was going to post this to help you decide, bit late now though.

040black.jpg

Gives an idea of what the colour is like polished up though.

8) 8) 8)