Sign in to follow this  
kenc

Wheel Nuts

:evil: :evil: Right Ive got a 94 2.0 16v, its currently got a set of League 075 15" with 4 wheel nuts which are 8 sided, And require a special slim line socket to remove the nuts as the wheel nuts sit in too deep. Well a local tyre exhaust centre snapped the socket to remove the wheel nuts with an AIR GUN. Therefore I cant remove the wheel nuts/ Can no longer buy the special socket to remove the wheel nuts as this type is discontinued having been told by League direct /Cant hammer a socket over the top to remove them as I can only just fit my car key in the gap between the wheel nut and the entrance to the rim. The local tyre centre that commited this crime hammered and chisled 1 of the wheel nuts out today taking them 2 and a bit hours, 4 in each wheel x 4 wheels a long time to remove. I have a set of AZEV A rims going on but do not have any other WHEEL NUTS TO REPLACE the others with. Will a set of alloy wheel nuts from VW suit AZEV A 17' rims.

But before we get to that Although its not my fault about the socket snapping how else am I or the the tyre centre going to remove the wheel nuts Im not bothered what the 15" League look like once removed. I want the Azev's on and the other wheel nuts removed. And a new set of wheel nuts for the azev's. BUT WHERE WOULD BE THE BEST PLACE TO SOURCE A NEW SET OF WHEEL NUTS ?

Mate, that sounds like a total nightmare.

I'm not entirely sure that I haven't thrown the set I had lying around on my garage floor, i'll have a look for you.

Cheers mate, So will any Wheel nuts fit. I dont mean locking nuts I mean the actual wheel nuts/bolts

Wander down to Halfrauds when you get the old ones off. the parts desk should be able to point you in the direction of the right Mcguard loocking nuts for your motor. about 36 quid.

Im not after locking wheel nuts.

I want a complete set of alloy wheel nuts i.e 16 wheel nuts to suit my AZEV A rims will brand new vw wheel nuts suit ?

you can buy a complete set of brand new corrado wheel nuts for about £20 on ebay.

not sure if they will 'suit' your wheels but they are the standard size and fit and will at least get you driving while you source exactly what you're after.

..Just buy really sh1t alloys....then no-one will want to nick them... :?

P.S....The more I think about it the less lightly it is that the wheels bolts made it through my last clear out....if someone else has any can you sort it out?

PPS....I've deffinately got a really good set of locking wheels bolts though that I don't need, but with postage costs etc it would probebly be cheaper for you to go to hellfrauds.

:twisted: :D I know I need locking wheel nuts people. Ive ordered 16 new alloy wheel nuts from vw £20 for the set. Still having trouble with the local tyre centre who snapped the socket to remove my current alloys.But ive got new tyres for the azev's (Avon).

Locking wheel nut is a must and shall be with me soon once the rims are on

:oops: Ive had a few ideas of what to do, But its the companys f*ck up not mine, but they seem not be in any rush at all.Options are:

1. Angel grinder

2.Try and smash an impact socket over the wheel nuts but due to their design there is little if not no room at all to do so.

3.Other option was to take it off the road.

4.Sell it as it is(seriously pissing me off)

Went to VW for their opinion and they said they should be able to do it £65 an hour labour plus Vat 15 wheel nuts to remove Ouch that will be expensive

lol dinkus, Angle Grinder Man to the rescue *FLASH* :angel:

Have to agree locking wheel nuts are a must if you have a nice set of rims. So unless, for some reason, you bought sh*t alloys i would recommend investing in them. whats 36 quid for the sake of losing hundreds?