Sign in to follow this  
CTWG60

------------

You can remove the k-jet injector inserts... they unscrew but usually require a bit of heat. You can then buy the digifnt inserts and just screw them in.

Idon't think you would getr any imediate performance gain but it may be possible to make a better porting job on that head casting.

If you compare the G60 head with a 8v gti one the g60 has bigger ports already.

The solid lifters mean you can rev it a bit harder but i think you would be pretty brave if you were wanting to rev you g60 motor past 7k!

Porting is where the inlet & exhaust "ports" of the cylinder head (in this instance) are enlarged. This usually involves port matching - making sure all the inlet ports are the same size/volume & also making sure that the exhaust ports are all the same size/volume.

Polishing aids "flow" & is usually done on the exhaust ports only - inlet ports are left slightly rough to ensure that the air/fuel mix properly.

I have read that the standar exhaust valves on a G60 head are 33mm and are sodium filled.... where can I find bigger valves... let's say 35 or 36 mm and it does matter that are sodium flled or not?