Sign in to follow this  
dutch

Another Cool Vid....SRT-4 vs S/C Corrado VR

I think the guy could do with fixing a few of those issues though.. cutting out when idling and issues with 3rd gear by the sounds of things!

Still nice to see the Rado dominating though :)

I think the guy could do with fixing a few of those issues though.. cutting out when idling and issues with 3rd gear by the sounds of things!

Still nice to see the Rado dominating though :)

Yeah quite Jim, don't really see the need to sit that close to the steering wheel either..

the :( was becasue no one was replying...i felt neglected!! the vid proves that VW's are not geared for 1/4 races.....off the line the VR was a dog...but she really started to move in 3rd...

But the VR didn't get any wheel spin so he had a bit more traction in his tyres and as Jim has already said it seems like the VR was not in the best running condition either.

Bloody big bridge mind!

I wondered what the SRT-4 was so had to look it up......230hp with 250lb/ft, not bad! I think that SLC was only running stage 1 (6 psi) as the MAF was upstream of the charger, so would have less torque than the SRT. The charger doesn't do much till about 3500rpm either, so it did well all things considered.

Bit of black smoke at the top end too.....those rubbish american maps :-)

the SRT-4 is basically a turbo charged Neon....piece of crap IMO....give them a couple of years on the road and they'll drive like they're 20 years old! although you can buy a stage 1-3 upgrade from the dealer which won't void the warranty..i think stage 3 is 350hp!!

don't really see the need to sit that close to the steering wheel either..

Perhaps he was trying to get some more weight over the front wheels?? (works on novas apperently....!)

want a charger, want a charger,want a charger,want a charger,want a charger,want a charger,want a charger,want a charger,want a charger,

Gav