Sign in to follow this  
GrahamU

Found the rust...wot to do now ???

Fixed the heater fan today, but while I was under the dash I thought I'd try to find the leak in the pas footwell.

Found that the floor, although wet is still solid but the bulkhead at around the top of the carpet has a small rust hole.

Further inspection under the bonnet showed that after clearing away all the leaves and mud etc blocking the drainage hole, alot of the seam sealer was cracked(I guess letting in the water), there is also a large hole next to the battery tray and the chassis rail has rust showing on it.

Having read the buyers guide this would suggest accident damage but it all looks straight and it is now 16 yrs old and hasn't been looked after to well.

Aswell as that the sill has a hole in at the front of the sill cover.

Otherwise the body is quite good, few chips on front that havent been treated but the arches are all fine and underneath looks solid.

I didn't intend on keeping it but I'm now driving it vertually daily and lovin it, and without the interior that I'd keep it aint worth alot

so do I cut my loses, scrap it and wait for another to turn up cheapish (I dont have a large wad sitting around) or is this what I would expect to find on alot of C's now, so grin and bare it and get the welder out ???

What are your thoughts