Sign in to follow this  
Baz2004

Oil/water temp on Valvers

Just wondering what the avg oil temp is on the MFA for valvers. There’s been a lot of posts about G60 and VR oil & water temps. I’m wondering what’s the avgs for 16Vs?

Has anyone upgraded the oil cooler in their valver?

on the top right hand corner of the posts that haven't been answered will be a delete box..click on it. :D

I'm sure there's alot of info on running temps on 16v's. :D

Sorry Lads can someone delete these im getting XML error messages here !

No worries - download firefox for now as the forum's not working in IE consistently - we are looking into it!

OK, I'm going to hijack this thread rather than start another new thread on coolant temps...

I recently changed the oil on my 2l, during which I disconnected the fan just so I didn't break the connector whilst removing the oil filter. I did overfill the oil slightly initially too, but it's sorted now. However, my water temps have been scary high recently (110 not uncommon) and the fan doesn't seem to be kicking in. (Yes, I did reconnect it!!) Everything else is fine. I'd be tempted to believe the guage was on the blink, but that would be far too easy. I think it's far more likely to be the lack of fan, as leaving the engine to idle for ages after a long run still doesn't see the fan kick in. Could briefly disconnecting the fan have killed the switch, or is it just coincidence? Am I on the right lines suspecting the fan switch do you all reckon?

sounds like it to me mate, they're about £8 in GSF i think so worth replacing anyway.

OK, I'm going to hijack this thread rather than start another new thread on coolant temps...

Did you have to ?...I do enjoy watching VR6 in a rage :wink:

I think you can only connect the fan one way round so the polarity can't be wrong...

I reckon it's just a corradoincedence... check the wires to the rad fan thermoswitch, when these fail they usually seem to stop working at stage 1 and only switch the fan on at the higher temp, allowing the water to go above 100 to 110 in traffic (which it shouldn't)

Sometimes when you run the car up to temp it will turn the fan once when it gets to stage 1 but not keep it running and the engine will continue to stage 2 before it runs...

I think you can only connect the fan one way round so the polarity can't be wrong...

tell the tw@ts( i won't be using ever again) that i got to change my clutch a few years ago, they managed to jam the fan switch on the wrong way round which meant the first time i caned it the fan came on blowing rather than sucking and basical stopped any flow through the rad. Top coolant temp of 120c, oil at 134c :shock: stood infront of the car to pop the bonnet with hot air blowing on my legs and i sussed it pretty quick! mess everywhere, but no lasting damage luckily :roll: could have bust the headgasket real good!

My oil temp is between 100 and 118 depending on how heavy my foot is. I dont know my water temp as the guage has never worked.

I dont know my water temp as the guage has never worked

Unplug the black plug and check the resistance across the pins - no reading means replace the black sender...

Mr Clutch?

No, i wouldn't use them again either, as years before, (when i had a renault19 1.4 energy! first car!)they managed to smash my speedo cable changing the clutch, and then helpfully point it out as a fault they had encountered during the course of their quality grafting. C@nts :p