Sign in to follow this  
kenc

Azev's are on

Brought a set of Azev A's from off this forum 1 wheel was in need or a refurb and all 4 rims needed new tyres. 4 new tyres all 4 balanced up and fitted but wheels are vibrating through the steering wheel.

Any ideas as to what it could be ? I know the discs and pads are low and will be replaced soon. Could that be it ?

It's more likely to be a badly balanced or slightly buckled wheel. Try swapping the front and rear wheels on one side and then, if that doesn't cure it, swap the front and rear wheels on the other side. At least then you'll know which wheel is causing you grief...unless their all buckled!

did you get the correct spiggot rings with the wheels?

They're a small (usually plastic) spacer which sits inside the mounting face of the wheel making sure that the wheel is perfectly centered on the hub... If it's missing, or the wrong one, you'll get a bad vibration as the wheel spins off-center... :|

Didnt get ant SPIGOT RINGS .........HENNY the lad I brought them off said that they didnt come with them. Ok so that could be the cure then...any1 know where I can get these from for a set of 17" Azev A rims

a quick google search brings up THIS link to a site in scotland who will mail order the parts you need if you give 'em a call... 8)

henny, do you know if the borbet a's definatly need spigot rings? i have a set on thier way from germany, so may need hem too!

kenc, get a pic up asap! I need to see these fitted!

depends what different centre bore fitments they come in - I certainly wouldn't drive over 60mph with all the forces on the wheel bolts!!!

depends what different centre bore fitments they come in - I certainly wouldn't drive over 60mph with all the forces on the wheel bolts!!!

these are vw centre bore i used to have these wheels on mine when i brought it, not these kind of wheels these exact wheels i sold them to luke (g60dub) and he sold them (i presume) to kenc,

:oops: It may well be me, being paranoid because the roads round here are shit, i.e pot holes, bumps, And I did have 195/50/15 which you didnt really feel much of the road due to be a smaller rim with a larger tyre. As 4 pics its sitting like a 4x4 and I may well be joining the 4X4 register until its lowered ha ha ha ha

:lol: NOPE its not me the wheels do vibrate unsure Why tho.Going to make a few phone calls to see if the rims should be supplied with SPIGGOT RINGS, 4X4 register members policy is nearly complete ha ha

Could well be that there bent, But as any enthusiast knows WE shall not be beat, After the the sh**e weather is over Im going to get the wheels redone either.

1. Faces polished backs of the wheels colour coded-MULBERRY/BLACKBERRY ? unsure what you call it(similar to jay renshaws althought he has the porsche paint)

2. Lips polished and wheels in standard silver

3. Debatable anthracite with ploished lip

And an almighty slam on coilovers to complement

Pics will be up soon with a photoshop of how I would like it to look SLAMMED

:lol: HA HA Every car ive ever had has had anthracite rims and a few has had the polished lip. Does look good but im getting bored with the look and as my m8's say its too predictable of me but it does work and it works well.

So I might colour code the face of the rims and get the lip polished who knows

What colours your raddo BRISTOL BARON ?