Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

In Germany now

What about curry sauce mate? Think the german name is Curry gewurz or similar..

Jim - I got home and found you can buy the bl00dy stuff in Lidl over here....

My local Lidl didn't have it last time I went? Maybe time to go try again!! :)

What about curry sauce mate? :) Think the german name is Curry gewurz or similar..

We do curry sauce, but don't think it is proper german stuff, just the normal like Korma, Balti, Jalfreizi!

Right Dinkus,

Turns out Lebkuchen is german for Gingerbread, but we do about 5 different ones!!! So being clever today I took some pics on my phone!

Let me know which ones you're wanting :D

Last time I went to my local Lidl, I simply went for all of them :lol:

Jim: If you're up for a trip to Steve in Brum this Saturday (need to collect some bits and pieces, as I owe Steve some dosh as well, and wanted to do a bit of Rado-tinkering), then we could always on the way (before or after) raid the Lidl again :-)

Last time I went they definitely still didn't have Gewürzketchup, but as Lidl continuously try out new products from Germany in their UK branches, one day you may find the long-awaited Gewürzketchup :-)

Tempest (on withdrawal already from a mad 2 days in Germany)

beeftech, I could kiss you! :lol:

I like to see that you had to sample the products to give me a suitable guide :)

I have to say the 'nutty' covered ones in the first pic are more than a little concerning, so I think I'll pass on them! :lol:

I don't know how much they weigh, but can I get 2 packs of the little round ones please? :) I dunno how heavy they're gonna be to post though - The rest of them are all huge heavy bags :?

Edit: That was my initial thought Tempest! :lol: I've been scouring the Lidl site and I know my dad goes out to Norwich for business stuff every now and then, and there's a Lidl store there... I shall enquire as to his next planned trip and see if he can pick me some up.

2 of little round ones! Aye no Bother! Will get 'em today, PM me your address and I'll post em out!

Yeah the nutty ones are pretty gipping, but the rest of the pack is ok :)

Oh well, dunno what that chap in the picture is up to, p*ss artist, but it did taste nice :lol:

I would ask if you swallowed, but that might get out of hand... :lol:

In that pub, these Santa Clauses (even female ones :shock:) walked around serving flavoured Vodka free of charge (we all had to pay a measly 3 Euro entrance fee), as much as you literally liked. The blood orangey one wasn't that nice, I did like the blackberry flavoured one :lol:

The Santa Clauses were all p*ssed, too, so usually spilt half the stuff over your clothes. One of them almost stabbed the nozle in my nose :lol: Nothing to be sniffed at :lol:

Ahh, it was just great :-)

Up for it again next year, including peanut throwing fights :-)

Tempest