Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

SORRY.Lupo Wipers/Dealers (P2 boarderline work safe)

At the risk of being strung up by my interesting bits, LUPO WIPERS WTF!

Went in to the dealers today armed with part numbers from the many posts, but did'nt get that far cuz the bloke said, a ha Corrado, Lupo wipers, done loads mate and you wont pay the £100 non kit rip off price. Nice one i thought.

2 mins later handed all the bits for £60 on the nose, lovely jubley, yeah right.

I have

6X2 955 410C Plastic bag

6X2 955 405 Plastic Bag

1J2 955 426B Nice long white cardboard box

The two arms have on them

6X2 955 410C

6X2 955 409C

One of the blades is two long but the shorter one seems to work on the drivers side. But i generally get the feeling these are not all the right bits.

Bonnet scrapage and length issues.

The way he did it was order a passenger side kit and then another bit? I didnt understand but he said he'd done loads so i trusted him.

One of the bags had the arm and wiper in. The box had just a blade in and the other bag had just an arm in.

Am i going mad or did he spot the sign on my ass again that says, "do me here please, i'm getting used to it" :evil:

hmmm...not good.....from what I can make out your raddo is narrower than it should be, it's the only possible reason for this wiper arm being to long.

sorry. :o

If they don't work, I guess check the (Lupo wiper) thread (for part numbers) and take back the wrong bits? At least you can do that with VAG, rather than poxy eBay (OK, I don't have ETKA!).

I paid about the ton mark three or four months ago. They didn't give a discount then, even though I asked about eight times. But last week they gave me 8% - go figure!

They have to give you 10% with ccgb, but ive never been asked, they just give me 10% anyway, probably because they know they are selling me the wrong bits!

I have to say, although the general wiping is now excellent, the coverage I get from mine still isn't great - the tip of the passenger side doesn't touch the screen at any point, and the driver's side could wipe more consistently up closer to the pillar. Still, a lot better than the standard crap!

Ben, i think i need two drivers side arms dont i. One of the arms is just wrong wherever i put it, its got no dog leg. I know where ill be putting it tommorrow though....................

I bought the last arm and blade set in the country last week so they can't be the correct parts I don't think...

The arms should be exactly the same (2 drivers side)

The blades should be the same length but one has an offset centre - bassically you need one drivers and one pass from a lupo but use them the other way round on the C

The drivers side i got working with the shorter blade on the wrong arm worked great but juddered horribly on the way back down from the top!!

He wrote on there that the even numbered parts go on the drivers side. I presume he was thinking about the lupo then.

Im totally confussed now!

Perhaps i'll try the "corrado specific" mudflaps they sold me for £65 (that dont fit and they wont take back because i got them dirty figuring that out) on the wiper splines and try the wipers as mudflaps.

One blade is 2 inches longer than the other, but the longer one is offset?

Completly wrong then, lupo blades are the same length...

Look in the thread I stickied for the latest (correct) part numbers...

Cheers Supercharged, i had them on me but he sounded so confident i did'nt want to tell him his job, heaven forbid one should ever need to hey!

Dinkus, yes mate and i was going to buy some coolant tommorrow there too. Thinking it through tonight though, i'd rather not end up with brake fluid in my radiator.

Perhaps i should order a new headlight bulb, never know, might get lucky and bag a new 2.9 block!

I normally s*** out when it comes to anything like Lupo 'wipers too but, thankfully, the main dealer I went to in Norwich got it right (and for £32 all in). Unfortunately though there's such a lot of play in the 'wiper arm linkage that the Lupo gear is barely any better than standard for me.

Anybody know if the Corrado uses the same 'wiper linkage as the Mk2 Golf?