Sign in to follow this  
blue95

Bonnet Problems

Hello folks,

Basically got a new bonnet for my C (95 2L 16V), due to big dent and crumple in the old one.

Before fitting I noticed the replacement bonnet had sponges on the outer edges, where as my old one did not. However my quarter panels do have rubber things on them to line the bonnet. Am I right in thinking I only need one lot of these either on the bonnet or the quarter panels?

Also after fitting the bonnet I find the bonnet pins need adjusting as bonnet sits slightly too high at the front (is being pushed up by the bonnet pins). Only problem is I cannot seem to adjust the pins. I can undo the big nut (flat on the bonnet), but that really does nothing, I can see the actual pin has a flat section towards the end and is threaded, but I cannot seem to turn it all!

Is there an easy way to remove or adjust the bonnet pins?

HELP?

Does anybody know how to adjust Bonnet pins?????????

I have attached a picture, the bit I need to adjust is the spring loaded bit, not the hext nut that sits flat on the bonnet.

You can just the threading and a flat bit on the pic. Mine seems to be jammed, any tool I seem to use just slips off.

Or is there any way to remove the pin then adjust?

Any help greatly appreciated!

you have to undo the big nut then try and find a small enough spanner or snake nose pliars that will fit through the spring to the flat bit next to the threads it shud turn easily enough.

The official distance for that measurement in the photo from body surface to pin point is 57mm. (Just in case you loose it :wink:)

Cheers guys!

Feel so dumn....that cracked it, thanks for all your help!

Hopefully get some pics of my C up on the members gallery once she is sorted!