Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

i dont think costco do bulk discounts mate, but its cheapenough anyway. if you havent a costco card?? let me no how much you want and i will get ya some/loads mate, and dont worry about transport costs :)

ANYWAY, where the bloody hell can i get the engine loom diagram for the R32?? i bought an elsa win cd off e-bay and it wont load on my computer for some reason?? i need this so i can get started on the DTA.

HELP

karl

i dont think costco do bulk discounts mate, but its cheapenough anyway. if you havent a costco card?? let me no how much you want and i will get ya some/loads mate, and dont worry about transport costs :)

ANYWAY, where the bloody hell can i get the engine loom diagram for the R32?? i bought an elsa win cd off e-bay and it wont load on my computer for some reason?? i need this so i can get started on the DTA.

HELP

karl

https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do

Im just trying to sort the wiring loom for the r32 to mate to the vr loom. Does anyone know if i can use the vr fuel pump relay to run the r32 lump as the vr one is only a 4 point relay iirc and the r32 relay has more - not planning on using the relay panel from the mk4.

or should i plug in the r32 relay to the vr fusebox and run it that way.

thanks

I'm using the VR one if that helps. I don't think there is a set way of doing it but a few on here have used the whole relay plate off the R32, but it's quite messy to fit so it's been junked on my car.... But mine's not running yet either!!

Anybody thats had this conversion running the custom code phase 2 software?

Any problems with this?

I had CC software mate, and judging by the figures (234 bhp, 216 ib/ft) I assume it was stage 2 (it was a freebie from PSI). Had no issues apart from lack of fuel due to lots of right foot action :lol:

Did you get hold of James?

where can we/me get a drive belt from for an R32 without aircon (i'm not using the aircon pump) i have been informed that i need a 6PK1264 belt, everywhere i have phoned just say "a what"

cheers

karl

Lads,

Im struggling a litel with what tod od with the auxilary pump on the r32. I', using the vr thermostat housing etc - however want to keep the r32 aux water pump. Where do i run the bottom hose to??

pics would be great.

thanks

Faiser

what did you block off the holes left by the auxilary pump with??

when using the vr oil cooler did you use vr seals or r32 seals?? ( the seals that sit between the nut and cooler and the seal that sits between coller and filter housing?? )

thanks in advance

Faiser

There's only one hole to block off and I just trimed the OE hose and blocked it with an unthreaded bolt and a clamp.

I only used the bolt from the VR on the oil cooler/filter, the rest is all 24v - including the seals.

Dutch

Has anyone managed to get the mpg to work correctly on the corrados display unit? Also has anyone got pictures of the r32 display unit fitted to the corrado dash, it would be great to see. If the golf dash will allow for all the features to work ie mpg, outside temp etc etc then I may go that route depending on difficulty and if it looks like an oem install.

I have r32 clocks in mine with a STD Corrado dash, everything works Inc petrol gauge,mfa, outside temp etc

Ideally needs a surround around it

Any chance a picture to see? How tough was it to wire up?

where can we/me get a drive belt from for an R32 without aircon (i'm not using the aircon pump) i have been informed that i need a 6PK1264 belt, everywhere i have phoned just say "a what"

cheers

karl

Did you get one dude? If not I can get you one around here and post it, no probs.

Does anyone know what a free breathing 24v V6 sounds like in comparison to the VR6 with an induction filter? Really want a 24v and really don't want to lose that rauceous sound...

cheers

karl

Did you get one dude? If not I can get you one around here and post it, no probs.

sorry stan i was not being rude, just not been on here much. I did manage to get a "few" belts at a BMW show i went to, i bought 4 Gates belts for a tenner.

but thanks for the offer mate :salute:

Does anyone know what a free breathing 24v V6 sounds like in comparison to the VR6 with an induction filter? Really want a 24v and really don't want to lose that rauceous sound...

:D

Mine is not quite so loud but not far off.