Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

i would try using yours and see if it's ok, the VR one is only different gearing (i think) to help with the extra weight, but the 24 is lighter than the VR so give it a go with yours first I would.

just gonna start this conversion in my mk3 vr read the whole thread very useful, i may need to ask a few questions down the line, its just the wiring and the flashing of the codes from the ecu that worry me.. but i can see people have been successful so i better get on with it lol.

yeah that's the bit that I didn't quite get, but with outside help I hope to get a good grip on it, doing it now......

seems to be a colour code variation from audi to vw engine loom, which can be misleading when supplied various wiring looms from audi & vw. :?

stripped down the v24 loom, removing fuel pump relay with micro central electric shelf panel & wires, reduced bulk of surplice wiring & connectors, leaving only the 6 plen chamber onesT10 family, T6 ,T16 diag port,removed main fuse box etc leaving just tales.

Onto vr6 C 12v engine wiring loom , ecu loom route is on right side, comes behind brake servo, probably means removing servo, is this the case, see how it goes.

opened up original loom from servo to j220 plug, next step... working out whats stays, what can go,, any one got a list of this section, which leads me onto to bentley, it covers vr6 to 1994, some colour bands don't match up , would there be a better pdf of the wiring for late UK vr6 2.9 S.

next stage hopefully over weekend, powering up V24 ecu with engine loom, hopefully getting response on vag com, whats the SP about reconfiguring motronic, for the removal of exhaust sensors etc , what am I to expect... any help in this area would be gratefully received..

couple of questions .

why not use the 24v ecu pin 65 to trigger 12v J17 fuel pump relay as used on the vr6 rather than install the 24V 3.2l FP relay.?

what's the story with 24v ecu pin 67 for crash, is it sensor input, or signal out ?

Definately use the VR fuel relay if you can, especially if it means you don't need that relay plate. The less extra stuff the better.

i really don't know the score on cofiguring the ECU, (turning off the ABS modules etc) anyone???? Cheers Jon. I'll do some more digging.............

Hi Chris.

Not sure about that missing plug , what about the missing ect, would the 12V be the same value as the 24V ECT sensor....?, as for the missing connector, will be able to ascertain what is what from the other half of engine loom & j220 motronic connector.

Your wiring would suggest it had every gismo installed, quit a saving of weight.

The v24 loom sure requires some amount of dissecting, started with .

th_DSCN7502.jpg

after hacking up loom, wires that hopefully won't be required ,not sure whether this is good or bad.

th_DSCN7751.jpg

24v loom stripped ready for hacking up action.

th_DSCN7745.jpg

Sometime later T10 connectors , T6 brown ,diag port leads,with fuel pump relay & micro panel & a few other bits.

th_DSCN7754.jpg

VR6 C engine-less bay old 12Vloom , 24v loom dangled following route, brake system coming off.

th_DSCN7744.jpg

VR6 C loom un wrapped T68 & T42 connectors.

th_DSCN7767.jpg

th_DSCN7765.jpg

12v & 24v loom layouts almost all on paper, just some details over starting,alt wires, plug stuff , next stage start on the vr6 12v fusebox & dashboard hopefully get some direction going ready for connecting up stage.

th_DSCN7749.jpg

ANy help .......well received 4 sure.

that missing plug is for the the vacuum switch on the mk4 exhaust flap. the one next to it is for the variable inlet manifold

Ahh nice one, the sensor is in there but no sign of a plug or any wiring going to it, wierd. I was wondering if I could get some exhaust flap action going on......Cheers Coxy

Just had my 24v 2.8 ECU remapped by Custom-Code to phase 2 with the secondary lambda defeat applied - shouls simplify the installation a little.

Been studying the wiring on ELSA, doesn't look 'too' bad, a lot of the econnections can be ditched.

Just need to get my hands on the connector for the throttle pedal.

Can I ask how much custom code charged for Flashing the ECU? Also didyou not have to get the ABS and the cat warm up modules turned off too?

Was under £400 to have the phase 2 and lambda defeat done - they've got a 30% discount on the go at the moment.

The ECU i had already had the immobiliser defeated.

Dont think getting the ABS disabled is needed, it may throw a code but shouldn't stop the engine running right.

Quick question though, i'be trawled through all the BDE wiring diagrams and have identified what should be the wires on the plenum connectors that need wiring into the car, but what is the small relay panel you've got in a couple of your pics?

I've only got the two looms that come from the ECU, which terminate in the coloured plugs in the plenum chamber. I've got the relay box attahced to the loom thats in the engine bay, but no relays, which relays are in there?? (I'm offshore workign at the mo, but got the wiring diagrams with me, but obviously unable to check the actual looms)

Don't worry about that bud, Some guys on here are using the small realy panel to use the fuel relay and ECU relay from it, but although I have mine it's not going to be used, instead (data)Jon is going to try and construct a small 'conversion loom' with the corrado fusebox plugs on one end and the 24V plugs on the other end. A few of the redundant wires in the 24V loom can then be used to supply the extra sensors to the clocks. But the 12V relays will also be used. That's the plan anyway!! Space behind the fusebox is an issue so it may not be possible. It's still under consideration/construction at the moment.....Quick note. Make sure you have the correct wiring diagrams for the model of the car, there are slight differences between the 24V engines/Audi/VW varients. My loom was out of a fully loaded TT and hence most of it was redundant! What I don't have is the plug to go to the throttle pedal which is a bitch, as the plug was accident damaged by the looks of it, or maybe the morons getting the loom out of the car.. :?

Snap, i've not got the throttle pedal plug either. Cant spot the part on ETKA either to go order one.

I've got the right diagrams, got a copy of ELSA here, so can ull anything i need, 2002 BDE is my code.

I've got the connector pins tabled so i can try and match it into the Golf fusebox (should be same as corrado)

I've got a fair bit of space behing and around my fusebox as i run a MK3 golf dash in my MK2.

Doesnt seem to be very man wires to actualy wire into the Car to get it running, Once you take out the blue throttle pedal plug and the orange air con connections, you're left with very little.

so how are you planning to get round the rev counter bus signal? I'm thinking I have to get a bus to analogue converter, racelogic do one for 80 quid, but if you look at some of the early R32 wiring looms, there is a converter in the wiring loom before it gets to the clocks, which must be analogue too...

Pin T121/37 (121 pin connector, pin 37) on the wiring diagrams is labebeld up as "revolution signal engine control unit"

I was interpreting this as a direct rev counter driving signal.

It goes through pin T10/9 (orange air con plenum connector) direct to the Instrument cluster.

I was going to run this direct to the rev counter feed on my MK3 clocks. I have both VR6 and 16v clocks so can try both 4 and 6cyl setups.

Well most on here have had some problems with the rev counter I think, perhaps it depends on year of engine etc, but hey, cross that bridge when we get to it eh! At least if it doesn't work plugged straight in it isn't too hard to fix... :lol:

Pin T121/37 (121 pin connector, pin 37) on the wiring diagrams is labeled up as "revolution signal engine control unit"

thats strange as the 3.2 ltr 24v vw engine states t121 pin 37 green/brown T10/9 Climatronic control unit, nothing to do with rpm signal.

37.jpg

all plugs wires for the 3.2l 24v engine have been identified, however there are 3 wires that i can not identify on the 2.9 storm, namely the 2 way yellow, and single way brown, probably something of nothing.

just seems strange that those who have done the conversion don't offer any help..?

Depends which set of wiring diagrams you look at.

You should note that there is also a common 'speed signal' line in the car which is also output out of the ECU via the orange air con connector, to loom connector 'A27'

I'm pretty confident that its an RPM signal the clocks could use.

To be fair, I think the only person who has done the conversion themselves who is still active on the forum is Dutch, and that's not a 3.2 it's a 2.8, so there isn't much help about!!

These should help me stop the car at least :lol: And I got a new sump sent as a replacement for the cracked one :lol:brembos.JPG[/attachment:fqh5gdmc]

j220 t121/54 bl/ws to a27 , is this not vehicle speed sensor ,engine speed sensor mention in manual g28 as the "engine speed sensor",( g40 hall sender, g163 hall sender2)..

its a tad confusing, only way is to scope the out put and see.

Its probably worth implementing a scheme of identification when discussion of engine management system is active, something along the lines of engine No i.e BHE 3.2-24v, as many variations of wiring layouts present, hopefully making better sense.

Kip nice brembo's calipers, they axle or radial mounted, hard to tell from pic.

what thickness disc / rotor can be used with them. ?, any measurements..?