Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

Anyone fitted a sump guard or know where they may be such a thing. Im probably going back to 15in wheels and when they were fitted the sump was only about an inch or so of the ground. I might just raise the front as the wishbones are not level but something like this would still be nice.

Ive also just been told that an R32 sump will give more clearance, is that correct?

Does anyone know what a free breathing 24v V6 sounds like in comparison to the VR6 with an induction filter? Really want a 24v and really don't want to lose that rauceous sound...

heres a good example of what they can sound like, its an ok vid?? but just a shame he cant drive to save s**t. also its a rear wheel drive corrado 8) or maybe he has done something to the haldex??

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2PODfFmrrUM

Whats everyone doing for thier induction / airbox set up?

Im currently running an open cone filter but I would like to get some kind of cold air ducting or possibly run the OE airbox which will require battery relocation I suspect.

Whats everyone doing for thier induction / airbox set up?

Im currently running an open cone filter but I would like to get some kind of cold air ducting or possibly run the OE airbox which will require battery relocation I suspect.

bmc cda is the way forward :D

Using the original stuff, you have to re-locate the water bottle though to the other side of the engine bay though. Battery is ok staying where it is though. I'm using a Mk2 Washer bottle unlike the pic below whichis the Mk4 one.

Mmmm, my washer bottle is already there. Maybe of I move the battery forward and the small reservior to the side of the battery I could get it in keeping the coolant reservior in the original place.

Does anybody have an OE airbox to get rough dimensions?

Yeah I have, but i can't get to them until the weekend, I think you can most probably definately do it leaving the coolant where it is, I think it would work well.

i have an OE airbox if you want it.

and yes, that dude with the rwd corrado should have a rethink about rwd considering he cant even get in his own garage lol

i have an OE airbox if you want it.

and yes, that dude with the rwd corrado should have a rethink about rwd considering he cant even get in his own garage lol

Cool, let me check it fits first. How much would you want for it?

just postage will do mate. i will have to check see if i havent binned it first. if not i have one from a A3 3.2, which is pretty much the same. i will have a look.

I have a cracked Mk4 one and a TT 3.2 one, I think I have a Mk4 Air mass sensor and it won't fit in the TT Airbox :shrug: Bloody breakers...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh i hate my car, it starts every time first time which is good news, but the only thing that is stopping me actually driving it is the pot sensor, its not reading anymore than 158 on the DTA and i need a minimum of 250 :( i have tried other pot sensors/TB's but with no luck :( has anyone got any ideas??

or does anyone wanna swap say a supercharged vr6 for a 99% running r32 corrado.

yes thats how i feel at the moment.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh i hate my car, it starts every time first time which is good news, but the only thing that is stopping me actually driving it is the pot sensor, its not reading anymore than 158 on the DTA and i need a minimum of 250 :( i have tried other pot sensors/TB's but with no luck :( has anyone got any ideas??

or does anyone wanna swap say a supercharged vr6 for a 99% running r32 corrado.

yes thats how i feel at the moment.

chin up karl - i'm sure you'll get it sorted soon now :D

can't the phirm be of anymore help?

POT sensor, is that the position sensor on the Throttle body? If it is there are loads on the market you can buy independantly that you can configure for your uses.

its running the standard corrado vr6 throttle body/pot sensor Alex, when you move the TB all the way open its only reading up to 158 on the DTA, and this is moving it by hand so i know its opening 100%, when its closed the reading is going down to about 45ish.

any thoughts??

karl

Jeez Andy not you as well! There's not going to be a normal VR left at this rate. Although a bunch of R32 corrados is not a bad thing 8)

Jeez Andy not you as well! There's not going to be a normal VR left at this rate. Although a bunch of R32 corrados is not a bad thing 8)

If it helps Rob, I'm not going R32.

Good luck to you though Andy, knowing the standard of the rest of your car I'm sure it'll be a awesome machine once finished. :notworthy:

Re DTA, you can download the manual from here

i am very interested in this as i am not far behind.

I assume its P8pro thats being used but i would imagine that the pot setting will be the same for all DTA ecu's

here is the link to download the DTA info http://www.dtafast.co.uk/

Manual? How much for the relevant 4wd bits?

what you after mate, i know someone with a full s3 haldex set-up for sale :)

bigpants baby - you know the rules on selling stuff on the forum mate! Cheers.