Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

Manual? How much for the relevant 4wd bits?

what you after mate, i know someone with a full s3 haldex set-up for sale :)

Cheers Karl but an s3 Box wouldn't mate up to my 3.2 :(

I'm just keeping an eye out for future 4WD plans..... :D

Right oh knowledgable ones!!! im after some advice, i've been thinking of starting a 24v project for a while but would prefer 3.2 over 2.8 if i can, just to be an awkward git. Thing is, seeing as im young (22) and very much doubt i'll be able to do anything like this in the future i want to do it right so full tt dash as well with all working extra's. I will be buying a car for donor parts, but think r32 is out of my price range for a salvage car, so its either 4motion or audi tt 3.2

i dont want to do any wire cutting if not necessary, so im wondering if the wiring loom in the mk4 will mate upto the tt dash or if it will need splicing to fit. been considering an audi tt 3.2 car as a donor car, but is that engine the same as the r32?

Yep, more or less the same, there are a few differences, but not much. Slightly more bhp as standard (252) down to mapping. You can get a later reg one without having to have an FPR I think (not sure on that though) But there isn't much in it TBH. Certainly no downsides to fitting Audi, but I may be biased :D

Awesome thread, has anyone got pics of their downpipes or how and what they used to build theirs?

Thanks

Vick :)

Carl, that looks very nice! Have you a link and what it cost you mate? I Think that is on the shopping list for sure.

Cheers

Vick :D

no problem Vick, heres Pete's at dubpower contact details mailto:[email protected] when you e-mail him requesting prices etc, tell him i sent you, he may give you a little discount??

but expect to pay around £350ish for it

Karl

Thanks man, I'll email him in the morning. Quite fancy replacing mine when i have a new system made after new years! Keep up the good work with your Rado, wish mine was a 3.2 :D

Vick

no lambda holes that 6 branch?

the downpipe is something i want to work on on mine. will be doing it when i go dsg.

merry christmas everyone!

no lambda holes that 6 branch?

the downpipe is something i want to work on on mine. will be doing it when i go dsg.

mine didn't have lambda holes to start with either - drilled the holes with a decent metal hole-saw and welded the bosses in; job done :)

ah right, I am going to look at sorting my exhaust out when i fit the DSG box, as the standard one sucks somewhat.

Dont think that 6 branch will be anygood for me though, as i have a flippin git prop in the way. unless its designed to go round it, which is doesnt look that way.

:D hi all WOW you guys really know your stuff (1st post by the way). I am thinking of putting a 3.2 into my 94 VR, I have read all the pages and the fitting of the engine looks pretty strait forward but I am still unsure of the of the ideal way to do the conversion. I did not want to go to the extent of swapping all the wiring from the donor car which I don't have yet (which is best one to use by the way). Has anyone got any wiring diagrams that they have drawn I have the Robert Bentley manual and autodata on my PC also but if someone drew there own when doing there conversion that would be fantastic if I could sneak a peak.

Also I read that people are having problems with there rev counters has anyone overcome this yet? :shrug:

cheers any help with this so I can start this conversion would be gratefully received many thanks. :wave:

Personally, I would do all the engine swapping yourself mate, and then get VAG doctor (as Pete Griff has) to do all the electrics, for the amount he charges (£300ish) it's not worth the grief. Thats using the Donor ECU though, not standalone.

Personally, I would do all the engine swapping yourself mate, and then get VAG doctor (as Pete Griff has) to do all the electrics, for the amount he charges (£300ish) it's not worth the grief. Thats using the Donor ECU though, not standalone.

does that mean that the engine loom can be plugged straight into the fuse box? if so this is good value and may send the loom and ecm to hav all the work done in one go.

anyone managed to get the mpg guage to work on a r32?

who cares? if your worried about economy don't shove an r32 into your engine bay :)

Ye i know, but I'm a little bit of a perfectionist and would like everything to work. Even though my mpg doesnt work on my rado at teh mo' lol

Ive pretty much lost all my MFA functions but as said I dont care too much about mpg (easy to calculate anyway). The only one I would like back is the oil temp. You wont even get this using the new clocks though as IIRC thier MFA doesnt even show oil temp but it is monitored though.

Ok so my 12v took a massive dump on me and now i need to replace the engine so i want to put in the 24v. I've read the entire 24v conversion definative thread but i have some questions that i still need answered.

1st: will it matter if the engine came on an automatic trans origanaly (the 24v) i'm thinking not but i want to make sure

2nd: i know i will need the harness from the 24v engine to the ecu, a 24v ecu, and the loom from the ecu to the clocks/relay panel.... now as i want to use the original corrado clocks is it easier to use the corrado relay panel or switch it for the mkIV or do a hybrid of both... (im going to remove the 2 last lambadas and do the immobiliser defeat, and such)

3rd: what brackets and pulleys in what combination do i need. I know can use all the existing cooling and such and i believe that i need a 24v powerstering bracket and pulley but i can use the 12v pump, but instances like that. (i think i herd that i have to remove the a/c which is fine but i want to know for sure)

4th: As im in the states and my car is LHD do i need a downpipe frabicated? i thought i heard that i could just use the 24v one.

i have the elsa and both wiring diagrams for each engine, but if there is anything else that i may need to know that would be fantastic (i dont want to make it mkIV, just a corrado with the 24v engine)

Thanks in advance

Might be worth having a look through THIS thread as most of your answers have probably been brought up before.

Is that not the one he said he read Rob?

I would say so....

I've read the entire 24v conversion definative thread but i have some questions that i still need answered.

I would say that you'd be better off using as much of the 24v as possible. It will make it much easier to fault find and indeed, you should be able to get the engine diagnostics using VAG-com

From what I can remember, the blocks are fairly similar (if not the same) so using the Corrado PAS brackets and pump to remove the Air-con is possible. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to confirm/deny that though.