Sign in to follow this  
Stroller

Locked Out!

Hi,

Well, what a nightmare! The battery on my locked Corrado is flat, so I can't operate the central locking to get into the car. Can I sort this myself, or do I need to get a locksmith in etc. etc. etc.

Thank You

Stroller

Go through the boot, the key should open it tho.

Or are you de-locked?

Sorry, what do you mean by de-locked? I have tried the key in all three doors unsuccessfully........

Stroller

Stroller, de locked as in all locks removed.. passat rear handles and flush tailgate. youre not, so should be okay with the key in the boot, unless the lock had been changed?

OK......I have the right key, and I can't get in through any of the doors. Anybody got any constructive ideas as to what I do next, please!?

Thank You

Stroller

squirt WD40 in all the locks and work the keys in and out. Maybe the tumblers have got stuck in the crappy weather??? Is it still cold down south?

Gavin

Just so you know you're turning the key right - you need to put the key in the boot lock - turn 90 degrees clockwise and push

EDIT - - that sounds really sarcastic but it's not meant that way! I'm just confirming that you're not turning it wrong :lol:

Thanks for all your help guys, I am now in the car. With regard to starting the car, can I use the Clarke Jump Start 900 that I have, or might that damage the electrics?

Thanks

Stroller

Got exactly the same problem at the moment, there is only one key that will actually open the doors manually the rest dont work.

Connect it and leave it connected for a while before you try starting. It should be Ok.

No substitute for a good trickle charge or regular use.

Gavin

Thanks for all your help guys, I am now in the car. With regard to starting the car, can I use the Clarke Jump Start 900 that I have, or might that damage the electrics?

Also, what about the Clifford Alarm that is on the car? Will a jump start damage this?

Thanks

Stroller

Thats why you should leave the jump starter connected for a while. Clifford alarms are notably intolerant to flat batteries and jump starting. Just be prepared for the alarm to go off, keep the keys in your hand as you connect up.

Gavin

OK, eventually got the jump start onto the battery terminals. It seems a very tight squeeze in the battery area. Left the car for fifteen minutes. The Alarm is now working, and I am getting ignition lights, but the engine isn't even turning over. All I am getting is a clicking sound. I have left the jump start on. Would it best to connect direct to the battery to ensure a better charge?

What next?

Thank You