Sign in to follow this  
shawshankkid

VAG Screen wash

I bought some of this from the stealers today (lemon fresh windscreen clear!!!!!)

They say it's ok to use in the rado but I overheard someone say a while back that it clogs the jets up. On the back of the bottle however, it says for all models but further down it says for fan jets only. Does any one know if it's ok to use or use it themselves?

cheers

chris

should be alright mate.... its only screen wash,,,, i bet its better than the halfords one anyways,,, tbh i like the strawberry screen wash better :lol:

Supercharged, you mentioned on the aero wiper thread awhile back that concentrate mixture is important to stop the lupo blades from chattering, and then didn't share the info :roll: , as i now have lupo blades what mixture ratio do you use for the summer then? Don't keep it a secret!! :)

its also down to what you clean your windscreen with,,, mine chatter all the time but ive got lots of rainX and wax on the screen,,, BUT when im going over 40mph i dont need to use the wipers at all

winter on a 30% mix with water and it's superb...

Is that when you take a tipple or wash the screen?

It's like neat alcohol in the bottle. Try putting a match to a little (and stand well clear!).

Is that when you take a tipple or wash the screen?

It's like neat alcohol in the bottle. Try putting a match to a little (and stand well clear!).

I know - I't bl00dy leathal but it's what you need in this weather...!

Supercharged, you mentioned on the aero wiper thread awhile back that concentrate mixture is important to stop the lupo blades from chattering, and then didn't share the info Rolling Eyes , as i now have lupo blades what mixture ratio do you use for the summer then? Don't keep it a secret!! Smile

Colin, yeah I still stand by that and I'm only running the above for the next few weeks then i'll water it down a bit more... I usually use Decosol screen wash concentrate and use the weekest mixture they give on the bottle with is 1 to 4 or 5 parts water... the VAG stuff you probably need 10 times water tho!!!

I just changed the Aero blades on the TDi which are about 3 years old and didn't look bad at all, they seemed a bit better but still juddered I found which I thought maybe to do with the screen being fairly scratched etc but they seem ok now after doing what it says in this document.. (I never had to do this with the G60 but that has a proper SEKURIT screen on it and the TDI has an aftermarket one from NZ- which I want to replace)

i'm using the vag screen wash in mine , you get a free bottle with every service

but the service cost £181 on the golf :-(

Supercharged, thanks for that, saving worked a treat, had the gist of most of that already but always handy to have as a reference.

GIXXERUK, I think I'll just buy the screen wash from VAG without the service thanks, cheers for pricing it up :lol:

Supercharged, thanks for that, saving worked a treat, had the gist of most of that already but always handy to have as a reference.

No probs - installing the latest version of adobe reader should sort it out...

all screen wash is the same..there was a time when people said quantam synta oil was the way to go untill oilman said otherwise

all screen wash is the same..there was a time when people said quantam synta oil was the way to go untill oilman said otherwise

where's windscreenwashman when you need him?

where's windscreenwashman when you need him?

LOL; "Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's windscreenwashman" :lol: :lol: