Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

'wolfsburg' mk2 golfs? info please!

I've found a cheap-as-chips mk2 which the guy 'says' is a wolfsburg edition GTI. I dont know too much about these, but i do know you can buy plenty of wolfsburg badges and parafinalia on ebay. What was special about the wolfsburg edition, if anything, and how do you spot a real one?

oh... also... mk2 GTI's are 4 stud arent they?

ta!

okay ive got one!

it was a optioned up gti..8v,16v and g60s were avail and the proper name is an "edition one" although they are often called wolfsburg edition as thats whats on the wing badge

they mostly came in dark burgundy pearl and met black, although there are few around in other colors..not sure if theyre genuine?

differances on the g60 are... bonded screen for strength, higher 4x4 style tunnel and beefed up chassis legs, extra sound deadening, thicker carpet, all blue interior with electric recaro seats( not on 8v/16v versions) and leather gearstick/wheel/handbrake, bbs RM wheels, ABS 280mm brakes, siglachrome glass on the rear end ,thicker ARB, .....erm g60 arches that are slightly wider , and a ed1 bonnet sticker and wing badges instead of repeaters

all were lhd ....if you have any questions ask, ive got a few pics too if you need to know anything

cheers steve!

given that info I dont think it was the real deal since it was rhd not lhd! it was on autotrader this morning but seems to have vanished since! they must've updated. :( looked like a tidy mk2 for £500 all the same, just wanted to know if the 'wolfsburg' golf was like the 'karmann' corrado ;)