Sign in to follow this  
Madjackal

wing mirrors and side repaeaters

Im looking at routing my repeater in to some new wing mirrors, extending the electrics from the wing into the door isn't too much of a problem, but how am I to determine what mirrors will fit and how are aftermartket jobbies likely to compare to the original c fitting. Discuss...

in my opinion: anything but the originals and porker cup mirrors look shit on rados. If you DO want to fit aftermarket mirrors (I assume you mean you'll fit them to the black plastic panel, and not the original position), you'll have to fill the hole after the old ones, route the wiring up a notch, and get a couple of mirrors with special backplates, so they'll fit.

But again, I would keep my old mirrors, or fit nice porker cup mirrors. I want cup mirrors.

Why not get some indicators from Beetle wing mirrors and graft them into the rado mirrors?

You can always get some replacement Rado mirrors from McLaren, Marcos or TVR (probably all cheaper than VW!) if you fudge em up.... :-)

Why not get some indicators from Beetle wing mirrors and graft them into the rado mirrors?

You can always get some replacement Rado mirrors from McLaren, Marcos or TVR (probably all cheaper than VW!) if you fudge em up.... :-)

I like that idea!

:lol: ! @ flusted you're a brave man but as you know m3 mirrors etc isnt the taste of styling to the majority on this forum but without you the world would be boring!