Sign in to follow this  
Jez

In-pro rearlights

Just got a set of these and would like to clarify a few things:

1. Ive heard they are prone to letting condensation in behind the lenses. I take it they leak around the rubber seal on the back if they do? Was going to stick some butyle tape on there anyways...

2. The bling chrome effect on the edges looks arse! Have started rubbing it off with sand paper. Anyone know where I can get that black textured paint from? Make em look a bit more like the original black surrounds!

Cheers

Jez

the early inpros leaked,but i believe they sorted that out,the chrome does make them look cheap,i was just going to spray mine with black satin spray paint

other way round apparently. my in pro's are E marked, i think you can get FK's with or without.

It is worth putting sealant around new ones though, ill be taking mine apart in spring to clean out the green stuff!

mine still looks fresh as hell, but I didn't fit them, so I don't know whether it has extra sealant or not. Great looks, makes the car look a lot better imo. It DOES do a lot to your car, more than I would imagine, anyways :)

Sealant around where exactly? I can't see how they would leak from where the coloured plastic lens are bonded to the chrome bit. Do you mean put extra sealant around where they meet the car?