Sign in to follow this  
Gman

LUmotorsport

Hey Guys,

Thought some of you might be interested in this.

I don’t know if any of you have heard of formula student.

It is a competition for engineering students at university. We are tasked to design a single seater race car to compete in a nation wide competition. I am on the LUmotorsport team ( http://www.lumotorsport.co.uk).

I know it is quite early but I would like to invite all corrado owners who are interested to come to the event. It is held at bruntingthorp. It is free.

We are really needing some support this year. Also if any of you like what you see and would like to give us lots amounts of money or free things please get in touch :):)

Have a look at the pics on the website. Any ideas are welcome too. As tesco say every little helps.

G

Looks pretty sexy - when's the actual race? You should be able to convince enough people to get a good Corrado gathering there :D

The students compete in it from our dept too:

http://www.lancaster-racing.co.uk/

The thing the website doesn't mention is that the plan last year was to use a supercharged R6 engine, but they melted an engine in testing... so they had to run another engine without... It was pretty phenominal running unrestricted through the engineering car park with the charger!

PS the events in July....

and us at cardiff university.

Rules are that the air flow into the engine is restricted via a certain diameter hole,so its quite a challenge. We had turbo charger running on the car last year on a cbr 600 engine.

Yeah, The rules are pretty open. All air entering the engine has to pass through a 20mm restrictor ( must be upstream of any chargers). That means that power tends to be around 80 bhp ( there have been some teams with over 100 but the curves are never nice then). The great thing is you can make the car as light as you like.

With a bit of reliability this year we should have a very quick car.

G