Sign in to follow this  
atif

do u think they can repair this??

had a lorry drive run down the side of my car yesterday!!

luckly someone saw him and called me!

i am gutted, i just want to know if they can repair this??

i hope its not written off!

he managed to catch the rear quarter, the rear bumper, the bootlid and the wing mirror!! :(

i reckon a 'proper' bodyshop will want to replace that rear 1/4 rather than fix it, which could be expensive! wouldnt think it'd get written off though, and at least it not your insurance paying for it! (the lorry driver did own up didnt he?)

well, i wasnt present but Kwik Fit garage guys saw him do it and they told him to leave his details behind

i called them and am waiting for their man person who deals with all claims to get back to me!

Doesn't look too bad I'm sure a body shop should be able to sort that out - my brother has just had the side of his beamer done (not his insurance) and the estimate was about a grand, but there was a fair amount of damage there. Still, there will be some filler going in even after pulling the panel out.

what the hell is going on!!!!!!!! Is there a fatwar (?) out on Corrado's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chillys went to the scrapyard in the sky yesterday and this makes 3 more!!!!!!! They're systematically being wiped out!

If that is insurance assessed, with this 50-60% Cat D write off rule, replacing a rear quarter, hatch and lights will result in a CAT D write off.

If you want to keep your car, I would be pricing up a second hand quarter, tailgate and lights to see if you can get a cash settlement to repair it or take it somewhere to see if the panels can be repaired to your satisfaction.

aye, its a sad fact that these cars are now worth so little, and the parts so expensive, that a small knock or scrape can result in a write-off. according to the engineer who inspected mine, a new rear bumper was about 1/5th the value they'd placed on my car! FFS!

Don't forget that, as a last resort, you can take a civil action against the offending driver to get your property restored to the state it was in before the accident, irrespective of the insurance company's write-off assessment.

Best wishes

RB

Thanks Guys,

i talked to the company and they only pay £300 towards the claim so i said i will have to go through the insurance

I just hope they can fix it!

Unlucky dude, thats bad :(

Thank god he was caught tho

H8RRA, I know what you're saying, this is wierd now. Had a dream last night that somebody totalled my car! (Thats about 4 in total now!)

yeah mate, i am!

i always say that Kwik fit are a rip off etc etc! but it was those guys who caught him!

i just hope they dont write it off!

Sorry to hear that, bloody lucky is was seen. Had a bed removal van go into the rear quarter of a golf.

I couldn't prove anything although the removal van which I'm positive did it was still there, nothing else could have hit it at that height without missing everything else. Was TPF&T so cost me £400 to repair the panel.

thats really bad mate! lucky for me! it was parked near a Kwik Fit and all the guys see me walk and drive past!

So they just hunted me down!

Its winter blues for corrados, i had the same last winter, and my brother 2(we both underestimated the grease on the road).

AS for the damage to your car atif, I had a guy drive into my rear 1/4 panel 7 months ago, going through insurance, a coachworks quote me 300 for banging it out and spraying it and doing a door fade (7 months later i have been told that the claim will prob go to court in March as the third party is still not responding....Wan**r)

and ud prob be better off buying a second hand tailgate(in ur colour). Ive seen them for under 100 quid, plus another 100 for the lights.