Sign in to follow this  
Icegeezer

MORE Heater Problems

Mine does this & I found by advancing the knob slowly that all the speeds do actually work, it's just that you have to position the knob slightly past the detent for each speed (other than 4). Annoying, but cheaper than £154 :)

AARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Sure enough the part they'd ordered me was the fascia panel

The actual part is £154

Current state of play

a) if anyone sees/knows of a working 2nd hand switch panel (4 speed, no a/c) can they let me know

b) In the meantime i have just been to my local scrapyard and liberated an Audi 80 control unit which seems to fit in the hole and the cables are in roughly the right place, although i'll need to use the C's knobs and fascia. Or i might 'extract' the fan switch and 'join' it on to my original

Bloody cars!

I got the exact style from a passat? what has to be done to make the passat heater controls work with the corrados?

my temperature knob doesnt conrol anything,my directional 1 is stiff and wont move all the way round and my other only works on 4!

I gota lot of work to do! :lol: :roll: :?

Don't know if people are still reading this thread, but when my heater/blower would only work on 4 the problem was simply the metal contections on the back of the control knob. Was very simple to fix, I think I just had to take the cover off the heater control knob and gently level circular metal contact outwards with a screwdriver.