Sign in to follow this  
Johnboy98

Fuel pump superseeded

Just been told by my friendly neighbourhood Steelers that if i want to replace my Fuel pump that I will need a new type of sender unit aswell as the pump has been superseeded!

This prices up in the £160 region, :shock: does this ring true with any of you peeps??

VR6 94 plate engine type RK003160

Its highly likely your vr already has the later pump, get the pump without sender and see if the existing one fits.

this is the same as mine i had to buy sender as well as it was totally different or you can just have no fuel gauge i know they aint cheap plus i had to wait for mine as it was on back order in germany

You can get the original pumps direct from Bosch for about £90+VAT. GSF also sell them, but make sure they don't sell you the Golf 3 bar one though. Looking at the middle of it from above, you'll see the actual motor, 3 bar ones have a grey ring, 4 bar ones have a white ring.

The easy way to tell is to have a look under the hatch in the boot.

If the white plastic top says VDO on it, you've got the late style pump, if it says something else that I can't remember on it, then you've got the old-style pump and you'll need a new sender.

I coud post up pictures of the old and new pumps, but you can't actually see the pump itself until you've cut a few hose clips off and it's out of the car, so it'd be too late by then anyway :lol:

Yeah ive ben down the road of uprating with a walboro only to find that it was considerably smaller so it rattled around like a prick in a prozzie.

@kev, do you have a gsf part number for the 4 bar one?

I presume it will work in a G60 sneder units as they are the same unit, right?

Cheers for the part number Olly!

25 gallons...you sure that means filling up would be a staggering £100+ :shock: