Sign in to follow this  
Vr6_polo

2.9vr splutters & no power

Hi peeps i was hopein you could help me figure a little problem out ive got a 2.9 Vr6 ABV in my 6n polo problem is it runs fine and goes like stink for about the first 5mins of running the engine but as soon as it warms up it gives a little splutter (flat spot) when u press the throttle and seems to lack power but revs right through just nowhere near as quick as normal from what ive read i was going to change the HALL SENSOR but as its a Dizzy engine VW want 190+VAT for another dizzy does anyone know where i can get just the sender or do i have to get the whole dizzy :( :cry:

Have you had it on VAG com?

Cam position sensor and throttle position sensors are culprits of poor running.

Have you changed leads and plugs recently?

Could just be getting monumentally hot, sitting in a 96n polo engine bay, and pinking to death..

Yeah - I know they fit in there as Stealth did one once... then swore never to do another, lol!

Vr6_polo, change the blue temp sensor first then have a look on VAGCOM

Cam position sensor and throttle position sensors are culprits of poor running.

Have you changed leads and plugs recently?

No cam position sensor in dizzzy engines mate.

Yep, you need the whole dizzy as VW don't sell the HS seperately....the gits.

Oh ok - learn summat new every day Smile

Thats because the hall sender inside of the dizzy provides the timing signal, on the coilpack models the CPS takes over that role...

My statement was still factually correct ;)

(thanks for the info :))

Ive changed the plugs, leads, rotor arm, dizzy cap, ignition module ect unless some 1 has info on which pins the diagnostic connector goes to on the ECU i cant get it on VAG as for running hot the temp never goes above 70oC when driving and ive got an oil cooler to help it just used to get the heat soak to the air filter like most Vrs anyway which has now been sorted with a custom made alloy heat sheild

ok ive just got a hall sender from bosch direct for £20 so VW can stick there complete dizzy up the u know what.... once ive done this i shall change the temp sensors like u suggest if it makes no differance

ok now im stuck unless someone can provide me with info on where the wires go from the diagnostic connector so i can get it on VAG...???? so far ive changed PLUGS, LEADS, ROTOR ARM, IGNITION AMP, BLUE TEMP SENSOR, HALL SENSOR and car still fells like its retarding the timing when its warming up

Speak to Stealth Racing. Vince is very good with the ECU pin outs. You'll need the ECU number before ringing him though as there's 3 types for the ABV engine.