Sign in to follow this  
gradeAfailure

Not impressed with my insurers...

Am currently insured with Adrian Flux on the 'rat and just phoned them up to change it over to the new car which should hopefully being collected on Fri - now, the new car is worth approximately 4x what the 'rat is, and in particular it has a rather nice set of wheels on it which are worth over £1k, so I asked about having an agreed value put on the car as I don't want to risk being horrifically out of pocket should the worst happen... only to be told that they can't apply this mid-term on a policy...! :shock:

Is this normal insurance practice...? I really don't want to be driving the car if I know that I'll get screwed over if it gets written off, and I thought Adrian Flux were supposed to be one of the better insurers...

Do I have to just lump it and be paranoid about the car all the time, or should I just cancel my policy and get insured elsewhere?

You might want to check your policy documents before cancelling if you do.... i know my contract with AF says you only get back a percentage of the premum and not the whole sha-bang....

It is normal practice not to be able to change type of policy mid term. I'm putting mine on agreed value for the obvious reasons but I also have to wait for the existing policy to expire. Oh and I'm with Chris Knott

standard mate im afraid. i only thought about doing it 2 days after my policy was renewed... was too late apparently!

I thought you had 14 days grace when taking out any insurance policy over the phone? That should have covered that!

The "agreed value" thing is simply another insurance policy. Another insurer agrees to pay up the difference between what your insurer pays up and what their own valuation is.

These policies come in 12 month form, so must run concurrently with your existing policy... Hence you can't add it in the middle..