Sign in to follow this  
DaveVR6

If you won the lottery!

Based on 5000 members thats £70 each for the deposit, and if we pass it around day by day, each member should have it once every 14 years - cool

I am up for that if all other 4999 members agree :D

Yeah it'd be the Veyron of course. But i dont think they ARE making them. Well thats what ive come to believe from the reviews.

Even if they did make them, youd probably never see one in the flesh on the road. Apparently on a full tank of £100, with foot firmly on the floor youd use all the fuel in 12mins!

A. Whats 100 quid when you can afford an £850k car?

B. Not many 50 mile, 250mph stretches of road around here!

Yeah, why not, I'd also go for the Veyron, but definitely keep my current 3 Karmann coupes, spend loads on them to get them absolutely mint (well, the Mk1 Rocco's pretty close already so would need least of the lottery funds :lol:).

Tempest

YES it IS made, but its not going into production.

According to top gear they only made it to see if it could be done. The clarkson said it wouldnt be made. HENCE the reason i thought it wouldnt be made.

... just read the news on webwombat.com.au. You're right they are making it, a hand full will be shipped to australia while mojority sold in Europe.

I lurve that car!

Production will be limited to 300 units total but it is in production... not as rare as a Campaign though!

Anyway lets get back on topic. :)

What would I do to my C?

Have it totally re built and re sprayed, no expense spared :) and build a house thats sort of a flat on top of my very own huuuge garage :)

Unless of course I win just a tenner. In which case I might put some petrol in it.......

i would have every part needed to build a BRAND NEW corrado from scratch (formula 1 style) atleast 1000 times, then id be able to hand build each and every one only producing 999 for sale and keep the last made for myself and should be able to afford the deposit for a veyron then.............

anyone wanna go shares in a new buisness ventyre and make 2 or 3 thousand to get the whole veyron between us, call our company rad's are us or 'drive b4 u die' etc.. ideas? :iamwithstupid:

Hmmm the porsche, i like it but its nothing compared to the veyron IMO. BUT BUT BUT, its cheaper to run and buy, you dont have to takea life insurance policy and a loan out every time you take it for a spin.

Probably drop a twin turbo R32 lump in running 4wd, seen one see off B16 DUB at inters a few years back, 0-60 in 2.6sec! :shock:

ok, just a thought but most replies include R32 engine 4wd tt/porsche dash etc etc etc

but at what point does a corrado stop being a corrado and become a golf wearing a corrado suit ?

at what point are you leaving the car you initially bought because of what it is to change it into something totally different ?

hhhmmm,never thought of that?but then again if i win the jackpot don't think i'd be to bothered,how many people do you think would stay with a rado if they could afford say a buggati?i'd love to think i'd strip my g60 down and have her totally rebuilt bolt from bolt etc,but not sure i would if i had the choice of any car on the market,lets hope i win and i'll let u know :lol:

ok, just a thought but most replies include R32 engine 4wd tt/porsche dash etc etc etc

but at what point does a corrado stop being a corrado and become a golf wearing a corrado suit ?

at what point are you leaving the car you initially bought because of what it is to change it into something totally different ?

True, but you've gotta admit, the corrado suit is a particularly fine suit...tailored to perfection IMO! I agree that changing the dash and a full engine transplant would lose the corrado's characteristics, so I think i'd leave them be. But if you have the cash, why not take away some of the Corrado's imperfections such as lack of traction in the wet (better traction control and 4WD). The C's looks and the sound of the VR6 howl are the main attractions for me. Would I lose that howl if I bolted on some additional breathing apparatus?!......cos by todays standards it does need a bit more power to play with the big boys!

Well in my experience by changing the Corrado's running gear to MK4 engine and a different dash etc.. you don't lose the character of the Corrado at all. You are still running exactly the same chassis and suspension geometry which is what gives the car its character on the road. The feel inside the car is still the same as the high window line, the high centre tunnel and sloping screen is what makes a corrado interior.

I think the biggest thing about the Corrado though is the look on the outside and now matter whats underneath everyone knows its a Corrado.

Jay

Storm77, 24V Renshaw, agree with u both,theres not many cars about that have as a good a looks as the rado i like the ideas of fetchin it upto todays standards eg the interior,jay your interior is excatly how i'd have mine it just looks so right :notworthy: i'd deffo go 4wd but would also like to keep the glader as that is one of the things that makes the corrado unique aswell,its all a matter of taste and imagination,theres a few real quality rados on this forum imagine what they'd be like on an unlimited budget!!