Sign in to follow this  
lottysvdub

me poorly rado

Hi guys ive got a 1992 2.0 lt 16v corrado which has been de catted and has a full scorpion exhaust , i have a problem on acceleration it has a masive flat spot at around 1500 rpm , the problem seems worse when changing up between 2nd - 3rd and then to 4th more so when the car is cold , so far its had plugs, leads, cap,rotor arm, coil and ignition aplifier, the c/o content is set to 1.0 % but still she has a big flat spot . any suggestions would be great as me cars not well :(

temp sender sounds like a good idea will try on monday , car otherwise drives great the flat spot is that bad at 1500 rpm that you really have to build the revs up to 3000 rpm and then it seems to clear , thanks for ideas

cheers guys :bigsmurf:

they way you describe it now rings a bell, does it splutter to 3k>? if so may well be worth checking injector spray pattern as they tend show like this when blocked/in need of renewing.

your right it does splutter to 3k like you say so you could be right about the injector problem , and i will set the co to 2% tomorrow and try it out , thanks again for your tips guys its really appreciated cheers. :thumb right:

You may find its only 1 of them, bosh only quote 80K life span but I have seen them last way longer

(my old scirocco was 20 years old and 120K before one went, even with a rusty filler neck).

Have each out one by one and check spray pattern into a jar etc. you can get them to spray by pushing up the plate in the air box and bridging the pump relay to get flow. Should be a strong conical spray shape.

Good luck mate!!