JMC

JMC's G60

No not yet mate. Got Just Matz getting me a quote for one as they can get Oz stuff. At the moment I am making do with the black plastic lid from a 60ml jar at work. Perfect push fit and endless supply if it ever falls out :lol:

Thanks mate. The front brakes were Boxster callipers. In hindsight I would have prefered Boxster S callipers as they are built to take 28mm wide disks, so bascailly are the same as the brembo callipers and can be used with the Seat Ibiza Cupra R disks (4x100 and 305mm diameter). They need the Seat carriers as well. With mine I went for 25mm thick by 315mm AP racing disks (because they are only boxster callipers and meant for 24mm disks), These then needed the callipers spacing out further which I used drilled out metal blocks for. You'll also need the right hoses (depending on which calliper you go for). They work really well when hot, but that's because I fitted Pagid 421 pads. The brakes cool so well that for normal road use in future I will just use normal Porsche pads. Ideally you are best of looking for a full set - they do come up occasionally. Also try Badger5 for the Brembo sets.

cheers mate, might sound silly but does my stud pattern effect the braks i can have, asuming yours are 4x100 is that what the boxters fit as i thought they were a different stud pattern, ive seen another user with cayenn breaks, 5 stud though, basically my breaks are shocking, i use them quite hard and they burn alot, any better breaks would be nice, wanting cheap silly stoppage aha.

Car looks sweet too mate

No, the stud pattern doesn't effect the callipers you can use, however it will effect the choice of disk you have that work with those callipers. Yes, mine are 4x100, which doesn't give you much choice for off the shelf disks. The standard 'larger' disk to go for with 4x100 is the Ibiza Cupra R disk at 305mm diameter and 28mm thick. This is that the Brembos use (and the Boxster S brakes) on 4 stud corrados. If you want to go the extra mile and use custom brake disks, you can buy the AP racing disks and have bells made for them to your specification. Expect to pay pretty big money though.

I could be wrong but i saw a G60 in Egham on Friday night that looked awfully simliar to this...

That'll be mine - I live on the edge of Egham, but am in the middle of a house move at the mo. Where abouts did you see me?

You were parked near the Tesco, i was visiting my sister who lives close by..

I had a look round your car, looks very nicely sorted, that bumper looks great..

You were parked near the Tesco, i was visiting my sister who lives close by..

I had a look round your car, looks very nicely sorted, that bumper looks great..

Cheers mate. Now the house move is done I can settle in to some more jobs on the car. Need to patch up the bumper after getting a little too close to someone at a roundabout ages ago, and I still need to get the nitrous in :lol:

Looking forward to putting the Racelogic traction control through it's paces this winter though, lol.

Oh my lord, I can't believe it was over 3 years ago when I last updated this - that's what buying a house does for you (no money for ages). Anyway the car is currently with JMR, so should hopefully be able to put some new pics up in a couple of weeks, after he has done his magic.

Is it having what we spoke about at the rolling road day ?

Mr memory here can't remember what was mentioned, but if it was the nitrous then no not yet. Although I am having a uprated fuel delivery system fitted to cover future mods. Also weight saving, with a carbon roof, and some retrimming. She needs some love and attention after not having much done for a while.

Mr memory here can't remember what was mentioned, but if it was the nitrous then no not yet. Although I am having a uprated fuel delivery system fitted to cover future mods. Also weight saving, with a carbon roof, and some retrimming. She needs some love and attention after not having much done for a while.

A carbon fibre roof and some retrimming should appease her me think's. I really want to see this car

It'll be with jmr for a couple of weeks, but will get some pics up once it's all done.

Looking forward to update. I have seen Vag-Hag get rather excited about this car on here so it must be a minter as Vag has impeccable taste :awesome:

It's definitely not mint clumpy (plenty of dings and scrapes), but it has had a few choice mods over the years. I'm still using it as a daily, and it gives me a reliable 250bhp out a g60 which is always good for a laugh.

Well, after 6 weeks with JMR (rather than the originally planned 2 weeks, so you can imagine how the original work plan escalated), and substantial amounts of work, I have my G60 back. And yes I mean substantial amounts (I think John and Troy are glad to see the back of it). Work done was endless, but included, new carbon roof, new original front bumper (old modded one has gone the the great skip in the sky), replacement boot, repaired sills and rear arches, new windscreen, repaired a pillars, various respray and body work, alcantara headlining, new fuel pump system, new rear brake disks calipers, pads etc, servicing the gearbox and engine, and, and, and, I can't remember without referring back to bill. Anyway, it now looks amazing and drives and handles so much better. It's been a while since I did anything to the car other than carry concrete to the dump in it, so it's good to be finally doing something nice to it.

Yeah he did the headlining, using my existing one and having it retrimmed. Also had to relocated the interior light to make it all look right.