Sign in to follow this  
jimma

Wot has every one done to make there car quicker ?

SMALLER WHEELS! I put original G60 sebring alloys inplace of my 16" wheels and the boost in power was definatly noticable! even daft resistor mods can make a subtle difference.

ive got one of those resistor things but not sure where to fit it any ideas ?it came with no instructions or pictures

Nooo, chuck it away dude, all it does is p*ss around with your ecu telling the engine to chuck loads more fuel in.

I've heard many nasty things about it knacking the engine. Throw it away mate.

Current specs on my C ...

Powertrain:-

2.0ltr 16V, shrick camshafts, gasflowed cylinder head, TT 360 thrust bearing hybrid Turbocharger, 8 injector K-Star KS3/4 fuel control and ignition controller, air/air intercooler, additional oil cooler, Water Injection, K&N Filter, Supersprint Sports exhaust, Gemini c/r 6 speed steel box, Quaife ATB diff

Suspension/wheels:-

7x17 alloys, 215/35 17 Pzero Neros, Spax, Eibach ARB, Cupra R 305mm Rotors and Brembo 4 pot Callipers, Pagid pads

Interior:-

Electric Recaros, full leather retrim by MJ (anthracite), Momo steering wheel, Pentagon security film tints

Other bits:-

HID's to headlights otherwise stock exterior

All upgrades engineered and fitted by Stealth Racing. Serviced throughout by Stealth Racing of course (IMO the best!)

R/R 230bhp @ 5400 rpm and 232 lb ft @ 4880 rpm

... so there's a fair amount you can do ... ...

:x-mas:

Current specs on my C ...

Powertrain:-

2.0ltr 16V, shrick camshafts, gasflowed cyclinder head, TT 360 thrust bearing hybrid Turbocharger, 8 injector K-Star KS3/4 fuel control and ignition controller, air/air intercooler, additional oil cooler, Water Injection, K&N Filter, Supersprint Sports exhaust, Gemini c/r 6 speed steel box, Quaife ATB diff

Suspension/wheels:-

7x17 alloys, 215/35 17 Pzero Neros, Spax, Eibach ARB, Cupra R 305mm Rotors and Brembo 4 pot Callipers, Pagid pads

Interior:-

Electric Recaros, full leather retrim by MJ (anthracite), Momo steering wheel, Pentagon security film tints

Other bits:-

HID's to headlights otherwise stock exterior

All upgrades engineered and fitted by Stealth Racing. Serviced throughout by Stealth Racing of course (IMO the best!)

R/R 230bhp @ 5400 rpm and 232 lb ft @ 4880 rpm

... so there's a fair amount you can do ... ...

More info on the HID's please!

IMO the performance from the standard C headlamps are a disgrace ... so I had some 80/100w bulbs and an uprated loom installed for a number of years. A worthwhile and good improvement ... but the bulbs give off a lot of heat and of course the C headlamps are plastic so that isn't a terrific combination. The bulbs also have a shorter life and so they have to be replaced more often. I went thru various PIAA bulbs as well ... cost me a small fortune and whilst they are nice to look at ... the boggo Halfords cheapo 80/100w bulbs gives better illumination at night!

I got my HID's from http://www.autolamps-online.com. There are now zillions of HID sellers and resellers so take your pick. The performance of the HIDs is fantastic ... and a great upgrade just make sure you get a kit that will give you both Hi and Low beam and get the headlamps properly aligned (ie illuminating the road NOT dazzling oncoming cars). I bought some HID's for my Elise from http://www.h-i-d.co.uk since the ballast/ignition boxes are integrated (the Elise has a lot less space for add ons).

As for pics I'll need to upload them somewhere first

cheers 16v

I hope this works!

Track day pics from a few years back ... my C when I ran Borbet C's and Goodyear F1's