Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

i think i've fallen for another?

i seem to have my heart set on gettin a audi s4 2.7bi turbo avant,does anyone know anything about the s4,had a couple of online quotes for insurance i'm lookin @ about 900quid fully comp i could probs get it cheaper if i ring up a couple of places,all info welcome cheers

It costs a boat load of money to have the cambelt done on one and you wouldn't want the chuffer to snap on you.

In common with A4s the front suspension arms are a bag of cra p. Not expensive to buy but I have watched them wrestle with them for ages at Awesome.

Have you considered the fuel you will be using?? Will get through more than a G60 I reckon.

Gavin

Wasn't trying to put you off buying one. It would be shame to buy the car of your dreams and have it sat at home cos you need shares in BP to run it.

S3 prolly not much better on gas. Same money to maintain as other 20V turbos really. Obviously bigger brakes and tyres cost more though.

Gavin

cheers gav,i reckon if one came up cheap i'd get one,might even be tempted to get rid of the g60,was hopin to keep the g and restore her to former glorys as she's lookin a bit rough,but if the costs of runnin a s4 are like you say then keepin her may not be an option

I think you should call Audi and see what it costs for 10000 miles running in services. They must have some menu servicing prices to quote you. It's not a car you can run on a budget and be happy with IMO.

Don't get me wrong I'd like one myself but I know I'll always be able to look after my 62 quid Passat :mrgreen:

Gavin

i was hopin to keep the rado aswell,theres nothin i would like more than havin a sweet lookin(drivin g60) but my knowledge of mechanics are shite!so if i want anythin done to her its gonna cost me!!anyway if things go as planned i should be able to keep the g60,maybes not get the s4 may have to settle for somethin less maybe an a3 1.8t or passat 1.8t(as u can tell i fancy somethinb turbo :lol: s4 being my 1st choice

Im going to get a s4 avant to with some upgrades in the new year as my new daily driver. I have been in a few and they are a very very nice cr indeed.

S3's ain't that bad.

I can get 24-25mpg out of mine on a long-ish drive(or as long as i go round in circles on this island!) no Idea what you would get on a motorway-around 28-30 i reckon.

I like S3/S4's cos they are discreet-even more so if you take the badges of 'em and slap on 1.6 or something. :twisted:

I had a blat last week with a Scooby turbo and he was struggling to get past.

Go onto http://www.starperformance.co.uk for a table of chip upgrades and prices.

I intend to get mine done sometime in the new year.

Oh,and don't listen to anyone who will tell you that the 210bhp S3 is inferior to a 225 one-Audi admitted that they lied with the 210-it really is 225. :nono:

don't listen to anyone who will tell you that the 210bhp S3 is inferior to a 225 one-Audi admitted that they lied with the 210-it really is 225

Can anyone confirm that? I've never heard that story before.

the older models were 210bhp but the torque distribution was different making no difference in overall performance.. similiar to 1.8 16v and the 2.0 16v corrado's where the performace doesnt differ