Sign in to follow this  
Majik

NEED HELP...with boot build

Trying to build an ICE install and bought a sheet of MDF to make a false floor for the boot, cut it using the template of the boot carpet and made a pigs ear of it.......has anyone got pictures and diagram of making a flase floor in the corrado as the boot floor is uneven and makes this job a headache.

Thanks in advance

mmm im thinking about doing the same,dump the space saver and carry a can of tyre weld,so ill be watching this thread closely :D

Are you coming to the Corrado Club day at Woburn Abbey ??

If you are then you can have a look at mine. Made from 2 halves of MDF (for ease of removal) and covered with acoustic carpeting. I shimmed-up the uneven parts of the boot floor so that it all sits very steady. Also MDF parcel shelf as well (housing a pair of 360w 6x9's).

majik - I see you're breaking a '92 G60 - have you still got the electric mirror switch, doesn't matter if it doesn't work, I need to rob some bits to repair mine.

yes i have got the switch, i'll try to come on sunday

and bring some stuff with me

I'll try to find you when you arrive. My G60 WILL be the lowest black Corado in the car park (dropped it 3 inches yesterday afternoon) - 6 spoke dark anodised 17" alloys and some rather dull but very black rear lights. I'll have my 6 year old daughter with me as well - she likes fast cars !!!

yo to get the false floor right u have to spend serious time on it...this is because the floor of the corrado does not sit even and the right sides dimensions and flatness is not as levl as the lefts...i got told this when i had mine professionally done

yo to get the false floor right u have to spend serious time on it...this is because the floor of the corrado does not sit even and the right sides dimensions and flatness is not as levl as the lefts...i got told this when i had mine professionally done

Took me a whole afternoon to design & build mine..... :lol:

Think your professionals may have been trying to justify whatever ridiculous price they may have charged.

All you need is a spirit level, some MDF, a tape measure, a jigsaw, some acoustic carpet (I have a black, full roll spare if anybody needs it), a can of spray glue & a tube of "no nails"