Sign in to follow this  
joebloggsVR69

Top Gear - Tonight @ 8pm :)

It always amazes me how Germans famous for their lack of style and fashion sense (mullets, tashs, tight speedos on holiday etc) always design great looking cars, yet the French who are supposed to have style and flair design cars like the Renault Vel-sh*t-is!!!

Tis all subjective though :-) Don't forget VW did a 'Jeans' edition beetle which had a hideous interior, but it floated someone's boat :-)

Germans are more renowned for their solid cars that go on forever than their creative flair, although there aren't many German cars I detest. They even have a creative flair with interiors when they put their minds to it..... the TT being a good example there.

True, it's down to opinion, but I'm seriously struggling to think of a nice looking French car apart from the 406 coupe which was designed by an Italian! Yet most Mercs, Porshes, Veedubs, Audis are good lookers....(IMO)

I'm not saying french cars look good, they don't and that was why I made the comment about the Corsa! I don't think the MK5 looks great either (maybe with the exception of shiny black - most cars look good in black though ;) ) and certainly not better than the Corrado, which was the original comment.

I am however sure that they are great cars to drive and obviously engineered well, it's just (unfortunately) conforming with this now generic hatchback 'look', the MK4 didn't. Apparently this is due to safety standards turning all cars into the same car though! :) Moral of the story, french cars look crap. :lol:

yep storm 77 i agree with u im loveing all the mercs (except cls think its stupid) and audi's not a fan of bmw's but top gear explain that one last night

and off course VW's even the new passat looks nice

HiAsAKite got to admit my brothers G40 would def canned that olddie lol doesnt help its slamme don H&R coilovers poly bushed and new Antiroll bars so courners like a go cart :D but engine standard except exhaust and filter to help it breath better which helps alot :D

Alex, yeah I'm lovin the Passat too!

The G40 is too superior and competant for the experiment they were carrying out on Top Gear - think they were proving that these modern chavvy Max Power machines have lost the essence of what a car should be able to do - handle like it's on rails firstly! The only good thing about the Pug was the sound system/PS2 and TV but I'd rather have all that in the lounge whilst sitting on a comfy sofa rather than weighing down the car!! 'kin chavs!

ok if u put it that way its a 3L V6 so does it mean a Vr corrado wouldnt have gone up there as quick?

remeber the other guys did everything possible to lighten the car etc s that pug was the worst choice IMO

No the pug wasn't an particularly inspired choice but it did better than expected, given it's weight handicap.

Who knows if the Corrado would be faster up there, depends on the gearing and where the torque comes in.

my ps2 started working again after i kicked it across the room and clarson sucks on the laguna seca,,, ebat his 1st time and i havent played it for like 3 months