Sign in to follow this  
conleycrew3

how fast are the rado's?

hang on, a vr6 can blow past 145 mph?

didnt realise they were so quick!

I've seen an indicated 156 even with the old 2.9 in it.

ChrisVR6NOS reckons he can do 165mph....but i don't think the stock gearing will actually allow that.

It will....just. Don't forget Supecharged VR chips raise the rev limit to 7000rpm and it'll pull round to that in 5th no problems. Mine easier than most with the lower diff ratio. My theoretical top speed is 157.3 mph with a 3.68 diff.

ConleyCrew, erm, not at the moment no :lol: Offers over £10K are worthy of consideration tho, LOL!

LMAO! classic.

I must admit, I did regularly check to see if my Ram Air was still there....walked into work many a time with a handful of filthy filter oil......

Yeah there's always that horrible feeling something you've added might fall off....I'm terrible for forgetting to tighten jubilee clips!

HAHAHA!! i did chuckle but it's true, it fell off and i drove over it on the way home from H8RRA's house but quickly chugged over and refited it and it was fine!

Mine has always revved to 7000rpm in every gear with no problems, i think i was sitting a 150mph round the sweeping corners with Coxylaad on the way back from the meeting with PhatVR6 there one night and it was quite happy to sit at that speed.

My sig has the top speed i've seen on the clock.

I do use a Vortech supercharger as does Kev but i wasn't using the nitrous to atain that speed!

Chris

hang on, a vr6 can blow past 145 mph?

didnt realise they were so quick!

Mine will go straight to 140- after that it will still pull although at a slower pace. I have had an indicated 158 out mine- just pulling past a rally kitted scoob that was bouncing off its speed limiter so it must have been going pretty quick :D

limited to 112? whys that then?

sure iv seen a few belting past me on the motorway well past that!

I think it's to do with speed regulation laws, same with Skylines I think.

Chris will know anyway.

all cars in japan have to be limited to 112MPH, it's law over there. so if it was a uk spec one i.e. not imported then it won't have that limiter on it. you can buy the things to de-limit them easily and most import companies do it when they change the speedo from KMH to MPH, so unless it was personally imported i'd be suprised that it was still limited.

My mate had a 'classic' scoob imported from Japan that only did 125 flat out, but that was limited by the gearing. It had silly low gears, but the acceleration was ridiculous.....and that was a standard Jap spec one! Way faster than UK ones.

I think the Tommi Makkinen Evo 6 only did 115 flat out.....again, due to the gearing :-)

THe scooby's are only limited to 112mph, after that it's 180mph and i don't think he was hitting that!

OK then fair enough- it must have been his gears that were limiting him cos he was bouncing of something. I was in fifth right under the limiter so I must have been well over 145 in real speed..

Cheers

i've had my storm just past 150 ish, no problems, and mine is completely stock (at the minute) lol lol . Love the power it has, had many a thrash with other new "sports" cars, and beat nearly all of them!

Just love the roar you get when its on full song!

The silly gearing you refer to Kev is fitted to the 'RA' version and you're right they top out at not too high a speed.

I do a fair few conversions for people whom are running around in thier car which is still in KMH.Just a fortnight ago i canverted a mitsubishi FTO to MPH from KMH, he'd had the car for 2 years but couldn't find anyone to convert it!

He found us in the Yellow Pages! I was stunned, first contact from the Yellow Pages we've had in a Year!

Chris