Sign in to follow this  
Bobert healetty

purchased a corrado

once the rebuilt supercharger is installed i will be able to pick it up i have a few questions this is the only FI car i have ever owned/driven i usually drive a bmw e30. anyways the g60 has low compression. with oversized forged concaved pistons, bored cylinders, port/polished head, intake and exhuast manifold with a thick headgasket and also has a stage 3 chip and numerous other performance modifications, i will need to run premium fuel? 90+ octane? or can i use standard 87? does this car need aftermarket engine fuel/air management? or can i just keep the stage III chip and be allset? also there is some kind of temperature on the guage cluster (the guage farthest to the left on the guage cluster) does not work? apparently they took out something that made it not work because it kept the fan on too long? i dont really understand this too well?

anywyas if i think of some more questions i will ask...and yes i do know how to use the search button thank you

sounds like you got a fairly tweaked motor there!

yes, I'd run it on optimax or BP ultimate. no doubt that's what it's been mapped for.

any more info on the car?

The guage on the left is the water temp, wouldn't worry about it too much if the oil temp guage on the MFA is working though, as long as the oil doesn't go much above 120 degrees it will be fine.

And personally I would run it on premium fuel, 87 octane is too low, 95 and above will be fine.

The guage on the left is the water temp, wouldn't worry about it too much if the oil temp guage on the MFA is working though, as long as the oil doesn't go much above 120 degrees it will be fine.

And personally I would run it on premium fuel, 87 octane is too low, 95 and above will be fine.

ok i have only driven this car once...what exactly is the MAF? is it like the AFM on an e30? air flow meter? or is is like a guage? this car has the little guage pods on the window with a boost guage and i forgot the other...is there a built in oil temp guage? and please explain what the MAF is? this is only the second car ive ever owned...but i am in college for autommoive technician so i know some stuff about cars and i worked on my bmw alot but this car is much different it will take some time getting used to...like i said the car has gobs of modifications done to it

i have listed some of the mods in the other two threads i have started tonight one in the engine bay section and the other in drivetrain section...so you can check them out if you want to the car has the glove compartment completely full of reciepts and service records etc etc honestly theres about 3-400 peices of paper and i read it all there is lots of money into this car it is absolutely immaculate, spotless, unsoiled very very clean once i purchased a digital camera and the supercharger gets installed i will take some nice pics i will be getting the car buffed and polished once it is in my possession

the MFA is the onboard computer thing, I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure all G60's have it, basically the wiper stalk has a little button on the end you press and the computer on the dash shows stuff like the time, MPG, trip time, oil temp and outside temp.