Sign in to follow this  
Kick Up The Rs

A potential newbie

Hi All,

First of all great forum - just wish I had the time to trawl through it to find all my answers to my questions!

It's highly likely that i will moving from the V6 Audi Coupe B4 camp to the VR6 Corrado camp sometime in the future - not too sure when though.

The questions I have have no doubt been answered before, but any advice would be really appreciated:-

So here goes:-

What should I expect to pay for a late VR6 with lowish miles (

What were the major changes to the VR6 over its lifetime?

Are there isues with lowered cars with respect to wheel allignment?

Anf finally, does anybody recommend any reputable traders worth dealing with?

I'm quite excited at the prospect of owning one of these in the near future, but will feel a lot more confident if I do some research first...

Thanks in advance.

Welcome :D

Firstly the Buying Guide is a must read, loads of info in there.

Prices for VR6's are very low at the moment, but they do vary a lot depending on how well the vehicle has been treated! Be prepared to travel, it really is worth it.

Check the For Sale section because there are often bargains in there & they come from Forum members so you know the car has been loved. In some cases there may be a history of the car in the Members Gallery.

If the car has been lowered then the wheels should be correcly alligned.

Good Luck!

Welcome aboard! :)

In brief...

Price - how long's a bit of string? :lol: - check out the For Sale section on here - that should give you a rough idea of what things are going for and then mosey on over to the autotrader website and see what's on offer there. You can still find

The changes are all listed in the buying guide, as above.

You will obviously need a good 4-wheel alignment after lowering the car, but as the camber is adjustable, you don't end up with any problems.

Reputable traders - none? :lol: Most of them seem to know the Corrado is a classic, so either buy minters from old people that haven't a clue, then sell them on at horrific prices (Volks Cars are a prime example, as is that 4x4 place you talked about). There are a couple of traders who sell cars on here, such as tricky, bigpants baby and HE-MAN. That's in no wan an endorsement to buy cars from them though :)

If you were wanting the warranty side of buying from a trader, then I'd look very closely at what they actually cover. Usually they're not really worth the paper they're written on and you end up a few hundred £ less better off for buying from a trader.

Personally, I'd familiarise yourself with the buying guide and take a look around for Corrados that you like the look of, then ask if someone from here will mind tagging along and/or going to look at it for you. It's not a bullet-proof way of buying, but it should give you a bit of a helping hand.

Spot the deliberate mistake in the ad?. It says registered 17/8/96, I suspect it should be '96 as it's an 'N' plate. Looks tidy but overpriced.

Good luck

A1 VR6, lol i spotted that and wondered "whats he on about ?"

yeah 96 would be a P reg easy mistake tbh (there are P reg rados out there , late registered)

Yeah, it looks pretty tidy, but it's definitely more of the £5k region than £8k!

The fact that it's lost it's original wheels and has some cheap and nasty suspension on it doesn't help it's value, but the engine should hopefully be fine due to the low mileage.

You never can tell without driving them though - it may have low mileage, but those miles may have been thrashing it from cold and/or just doing short journies where the engine never got to warm up...

Similarly, even though it's on a fairly low mileage, it's still a 10yr old car, so any rubber bushes will have seen far better days and will need replacing.

Personal preference would be to go for a higher mileage car that's had lots of work done to it - it'll actually probably be in better condition overall...

This is an absolute steal, especially as it has minty leather Recaros... http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32192

My alarm bells are ringing Dinkus - rear seam problem normally means rear ended so be sure to check for original stickers although they can be removed prior to repair then stuck back on afterwards - seen it done!

My alarm bells are ringing Dinkus - rear seam problem normally means rear ended so be sure to check for original stickers although they can be removed prior to repair then stuck back on afterwards - seen it done!

Did I miss something? Where does it say that? :?

Edit: Ohhh on the blue one - yeah, maybe not such a bargain then... :(

Well it is the best colour to have one :D

Well, have just taken a nice deposit for my Audi Coupe, so everything crossed I should be in the hunt for a VR6 next weekend.

So come on guys a gals, any inside info. on a particular Corrado worth having a look at??? :wink:

Thanks in advance