Sign in to follow this  
Nugget

Door window frame rust

Dear All

I'm a new member on the site, though have owned my Corrado for almost 6 months now. Have a '89 1.8 in Nugget yellow. Always wanted the car but until recently hadn't the time or money to justify buying one. My problem is that the passenger door window frame plastic is lumpy/bubbled. I suspect that the metal beneath is rusty. Any advice?

Many thanks

welcome to the forum!

yup, common fault. you have to remove the window seal and treat the rust.

problem being, it usually stretches the seal so it'll still look sbubbled even with the metal fixed..and a new seal is.£95!!!

Many thanks. Appreciated.

Hope you don't mind me asking another question.

Have been having problems with battery/starting for a while (if car isn't used regularly). Anyway this morning went to car and found that battery appeared dead. Have connected to another car via leads and initially electrics look OK, clock/lights come on etc but after I try to turn over once, I hear a click from the engine bay and then the electrics drop despite jump leads still being connected.

I friend tells me it could be the starting solenoid. Have you experienced this problem before? I have the Robert Bentley manual on CD if there is any help on there it could be useful.

Many thanks in advance