Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

annoying washer jets

Hello lads happy new year! Now my problem on Christmas day I come out to turn the engine over ready for the drive to my mums and as soon as I leant in to start her up the window washer fluid comes on splashing me right in the face! anyway I get in and try a number off things to stop it anyway it wouldn’t stop by this time there washer fluid everywhere so I turn the engine off and then back on still no bloody good!

By now have lost all washer fluid and motor is whining and wipers wont stop so I turn the engine off! And lift the bonnet and disconnect the washer bottle and the lupo wiper motors! And drive to my mums!

Boxing day comes I look at the stalk a seems ok parking in normal position etc, connect everything back up same problem so then I just disconnect the washer fluid bottle but the wipers just stay on a constant slow speed can anyone help please! Is it a relay and where can I get one????????????

:(

sorry mate, sounds like a pain in the arse and I can't help... :(

my windscreen wiper mech died on Boxing Day making me late to my mums, she was NOT pleased!

hope you get it sorted...

Andrew

sounds like you have got a short in your wiper stalk,you could try cleaning the copper contacts inside the stalk,failing that then a new one is needed

This is only a guess but I say it's the stalk mech... can you try a different stalk? I think the ones off a mk2 golf will work...

HTH

cheers lads i know i said this already but there is a relay for washer/wiper on euro car parts would it not be that, thats is gone? also will check the stalk on weekend? does anyone know how much wiper stalk is please?

DANSK n/a 450440080 WASH/WIPE RELAY PO/GO/JE/VE/SC/PA/SA/T25/T4

Front £14.23

pull the wash/wiper relay and take the cover off and check the contacts (give them a clean) also check for dry joints on the spades

but its more likely to be the stalk imo , remove the cowl and check/clean the copper contacts and look for any broken ones

hth

What is it with Christmas and random things....

Had the same sort of thing, except whenever I turn the car on the horn sounds constantly :lol:

I know it's off topic and I'm sorry for laughing but that is funny!! How random is that. lol :lol: