Sign in to follow this  
Majik

Replacing Supercharger pictures

Heres my G-lader which was rebuilt by G-werks and fitted on a friday evening.

Here's highlights of potential problems which can go wrong abit like mine!

its simple than it seems and the alternator doesnt need to come off either!

Potential problems:

1. Oil banjo bolts breaking buy these in advance or do it at a time where you can nip down to a vw garage. (1x 13mm and 1 x 14mm)

2.Allen Key bolts rounding off, use a good quality allan key 5mm and 6mm needed. use a hammer to tap them in good and proper (do not use lubricant or Wd40 in the head of the bolt it'll make it slip more).

3.The belt tensioner not going down, i tried a few methods but the best one was to use a plank of wood and wedge it under body and lever it so it pushes down on the tensioner use a pair of pliers to manouvre it into place.

gs1.jpg

gs2.jpg

gs3.jpg

gs4.jpg

gs5.jpg

gs6.jpg

gs7.jpg

oops.jpg

words to be added soon, im off to southend now to chill!

oh yeah that 13mm in the silencer housing in a pain in the posterier!

cant wait to get a metal outlet!

1. Oil banjo bolts: i never had a problem with them. just nip them up and take your time.

2. Allen Key bolts rounding off: all i needed was a 6mm allen socket.. you brits might have a 5mm in there but i dunno why you would. if you round one off.. get a torx socket that is a little bigger than the rounded hole and hammer it in there. will come right out.

3.The belt tensioner not going down: sounds like you're smarter than me.. using physics instead of pure brute force :lol: you should be able to just compress it by hand and slide it off.

oh yeah that 13mm in the silencer housing in a pain in the posterier!

cant wait to get a metal outlet!

get that outlet. what did darren have to say about that? i'm surprised he didn't force one on ya! :lol: if you remove the 3 or 4 bolts that hold the silencer together you can take the IC side of the silencer off and then the bolt is real easy to get at.

where's the pictures of the porting then?? did darren grind out the outlet for ya? if he did the rallye outlet will be too small.. again, talk to darren.

The belt tensioner wasnt a problem to get off but to re-fit it it just wouldnt go down.

I dont know about US cars but the 4 10mm bolt in the middle of the silencer are even harder to get to than the 13 in the middle.

i did get any pictures of the porting, will do in the future.