Sign in to follow this  
harry

When is a storm a storm

Hi folks,

So I've just put a deposit on a Storm, after many years on a 16V. It all look genuine, but the log book just says VR6. How do I prove it's a Storm??

Ta for any help.

not exactly "cars for sale " mate - would have been better in general car chat

no doubt tom will move it :-)

oh and welcome to the forum :wink:

:lol:

I do have a life you know ;)

Moving.

And the log book will only say VR, but like Gix says, contact VW with the VIN number.

If it's blue it should be Mystic Blue with black leather and will say this on an orange sticker inside the driver side wing. It should also have a colour coded grill, BBS Solitude alloys and a Storm badge by the gear lever and on the back under the Corrado badge. The green ones had cream leather but could be ordered in this colour so are easier to fake. The log books do not say Storm. How many miles has it done? Is it the one with He-man cos that is genuine?

Gents,

Great responses chaps, thanks. It's done a ridiculous 300k+, but then cost bugger all.

Anyone willing to venture a guess of demand for a 1990, 18v, 116k 2 anoraky owners from new, history etc?

Ardandy, have you bought the blue one with Recaro leather that was on here? If so that's Aqua Blue Pearl, same colour as mine - Mystic Blue was a Storm only colour from 1995 M. Cheers and hope the new car is good, seats look amazing!

aye but you could have gone with the diplomatic - slightly rough, moderately rough, not quite mint rough or even just rough

but you went with the "really rough" -we set light to it and danced around it laughing insanely with mad bulging eyes like a funeral pyre

anyhoo just a thought :wink:

harry, if it is the one,i wish you all the luck and hope you can fetch her back to former glorys, at least you've come to the right place for any help mate

16v, whats all this honesty ? i'll have no honesty in here ! this is a local forum for local people :-)

335k must takes it toll (unless kev had it :-) )

i was the first person to view this car/shed, the day it went on the auto trader. and i'm sorry, but i would not buy it, okay your getting a storm for about £2300 i guess?? but it's been very much neglected, yes its got fsh, but the bodywork/interior was the worst i have ever seen on a 9 year old vw. have you seen the car yet in the flesh..

harry,

I'm looking for a cheap valver in good condition...pm me if you don't want too much for it. :D

Gents,

Anyone willing to venture a guess of demand for a 1990, 18v, 116k 2 anoraky owners from new, history etc?

Is that a 1.8 16v :wink:

demand - depends on price

Chaps,

What a top bunch of blokes, for all your comments and welcomes.

The storm's probably in the rough, but not really rough, and as for the shed?? I must have low standards.

So I'll be the geezer posting the weekly requests for help as it breaks down and recommending to people to go for the minter, not a 'bargain'.

I'll stick my current car on the cars for sale.

Harry, the bloke with the shed.