Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

First Corrado Buying Spree!

As soon as I can I'm getting all these done to my C thats arriving tonight. Can I get all of these components from VW? Inc the oil/gearbox oil? Plus, how much oil do I need for both?

Oil Filter

Oil - VW Silver Synta 10W/40

Spark Plugs

Coolant - G12+

Brake fluid

Air Filter

Fuel Filter

Gearbox Oil - Castrol TAF-X

Sigma S32 Cat 1 Alarm

A VAGCOM set.

Should set me back quite a bit! Thats assuming garage doesn't find something else!

G12+ is correct.

As for gearbox oil the Redline MT-90 (2 bottles IIRC) is the one to go for if your going to do a change, i'm not clued up on the Castrol one.

As for alarms I have no idea if VW sell them but I reckon it'd be cheaper somewhere else, are you geting it fitted??

VAG-COM would be cheaper off eBay and downloaded from http://www.ross-tech.com

You'll need 6 litres of engine oil and you'll have a little to spare, it takes about 5.5 litres.

HTH

Ooops, sorry, meant to exclude the Alarm and VAGCOM. Getting the VC from ebay and alarm from local place.

How much of each oil do I need? Is G12+ the brand or type? (I'm very technically minded you know!)

Edit: Ooops, didn't read it carefully enough!

Theres 2 of us getting the oil, What quantities can you get it in. 5l no doubt!

G12+ is the type as opposed to G12 & G11.

Corected my original post with amounts of oil :)

people on here generally dont reccomend using engine flush,just get the car nice and warm and let it drain,ps take a look at oilmans posts in the supp;iers section about choice of oil

G12+ is branded as VW basically - G12+ is the type of coolant - if you go in and ask for that, they'll know what you mean!

The gearbox oil you might have to source elsewhere as the VW dealer will only sell the standard VW gearbox oil.

Oil I think you get in 5 litre and 1 litre quantities - so one each of those! You want VW Synta Silver which is their 10w/40.

The aftermarket gearbox oil stuff really does make a difference to the shift!

My old G60 box had 2 year old Redline MT90 in it and I wanted to try improve the shift so took it to Stealth and they refilled it with VW oil and the shift, whilst better in some ways, was noticably notchier despite it being filled with fresh oil. In hindsight I should have refilled with Redline...

So yeah, its definately worth going for.

No idea to be honest! Might be worth doing a search as that product has been discussed on here lots of time!

Best and cheapest for Redline MT90 is demon tweeks http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk

This time round I've taken advice from oilman on here and gone with a different oil though as is apparently as good if not better (but at worst is same rating!) and cost less than the £15 per bottle + postage when you need 3 bottles!

todays the day , the birth of the c , good luck mate

first job i would advise anyone to do is uprate the headlight loom, its a must !

Good luck picking up your motor 8)

You need to get a BMC CDA air filter sorted out for it. You won't believe how good the VR sounds with that on!