Sign in to follow this  
Bournemouth James

vr6 turbo vs 20v turbo

With regard to the power at low rpm of the Dubsport 20v. Has it been setup like that on purpose or is that typical for highly tunned turbo cars? (i.e. the more there tunned up the more aparant the lag becomes or am I a spaz)

Holy cripes....470lb/ft!!

And Birch wants two of them in a MK4! Nutter....how's he going to get it to the track as it's illegal to have 2 engines in this country?

Dont forget the Nitros too!! :twisted: :twisted:

With regard to the power at low rpm of the Dubsport 20v. Has it been setup like that on purpose or is that typical for highly tunned turbo cars? (i.e. the more there tunned up the more aparant the lag becomes or am I a spaz)

It is an unusual curve as 20V Ts usually have very strong torque to match.....I'm guessing the turbo is just too big and or the cams are too wild and boost is going straight out of the exhaust valves.

The VR has 2 extra cylinders so bunging a big turbo isn't so bad as it has the swept volume to absorb it and make use of it at lower revs......

Illegal to have 2 engines?!?! I can think of at least 5 cars with twin engines that are on the road.

And the reason the 1.8t has poor tprque is because it's a feeble little 4 banger :lol: :lol: :-P

Illegal to have 2 engines?!?! I can think of at least 5 cars with twin engines that are on the road.

They must have got through the SVA then.....

And the reason the 1.8t has poor tprque is because it's a feeble little 4 banger :lol: :lol: :-P

And 190bhp from a 2.9 V6 isn't feeble then?

K

Is that the main area of restriction on the VR then? I thought the head itself was?

It is, but once you sort that out you're onto a winner.

Easy Ben

Had it for a coouple of months .. its really nice.. midnight blue with cream leather .. just doing a engine rebuild for the turbo install..

The 20v coming on strong .. should be pumping some good power for inters.. how about yours

Cool, hoping to get mine running very soon, got to pull the engine out for a few tweaks etc but once its back in I should be able to turn the key! Running out of time for inter's though!! Still got no interior and no paint on the outside!!! :(

VR6T yes I had a dream once and now I have one in the making…. I chose it as I love my VR6 anyway but just wanted to make something different. Big job I know but I know a man who is able to do it as he use to race MK2 golf’s in the VW cup and his mate makes all the motors for them….

I CANT WAIT is all I can say…………..