Sign in to follow this  
randomist

what's it worth?

thinking of selling my c as i just had a 10 day ban & my insurance is going to go through the roof & it's just not practical anymore as i need a diesel for the daily slog through the centre of newcastle! also got the chance of a really cheap valver that's going to be a little project for me so i'm not leaving the c scene altogether!

here's the spec,

2.0l 16v 94 L reg ice grey violet pearl 111k

service history up to 85k

timing belt done at 103k

new front discs & pads 5 months ago

new battery & alternator 3 months ago

just had new slave cylinder fitted, all reciepts present.

bodywork very good condition, no rust, 2 tiny car park dings, & the odd scratch here & there. bbs 15" alloys very good condition, one curbed on the edge but otherwise good. grey cloth interior in good condition. all the electrics work including sunroof, mirrors, windows & spoiler( a rarity )

clifford imobiliser & laserline alarm

pioneer tape head unit & 6 disc multi-changer in glove box

headlight loom uprated

powerflow st/steel exhaust fitted 2 months ago.

2 months tax 7/8 months test.

bad points,

for some reason the alarm doesn't make any noise (bit of a problem for alarms really!) it arms & the indicators flash but no siren!

heater controls only work on the windscreen & footwell settings although i've got a new control unit & beldon cable which should sort that out.

car is pretty much standard apart from exhaust, wiring loom etc, really don't want to sell but my sensible head if being a bit bossy so just testing the water. if it's not worth selling then might be getting locked away so i can just look at it!

i'm sure there are things i've forgot but i'm not really thinking straight at the mo!

there's pics of my car on the north east meet thread on the event announcements, page 5 probs best pics. mine's the one on the far left L883 reg

cheers, gaz

If you were lucky you might get £2k for it. I'd wait a bit as the market is very flat at the moment, you could get more for it closer to the summer. HTH

I reckon you could get more than £2k for it , if you found the right buyer, for instance , there isn't a day that goes by that my wife doesn't harp on about wanting a purple 16v, and they're quite a rare colour, if we were in a position to buy we'd pay for the right car. It's a lowish mileage lateish valver, maybe you'd get £2.3k if you weren't in a rush for the money.

i'm in no rush to sell tbh, i'm was thinking about selling march/april time coz the market's crap at the mo. i was hoping to get 2.3-2.5k for it but i would like to see it go to an enthusiast who would look after it. but then i remember how much i loved driving my car last summer so it's going to be twice as hard for me to sell her come the sunnier climes!!! these cars really get under your skin don't they?