Sign in to follow this  
selbekk

tweeter alignment

Ok, so it's almost "get-the-glassfiber-out-and-put-my-new-front-speakers-in"-time. Currently I have a couple of tweeters on top of the a-pillars, but I think they're too dominant, and close to the ear.

Where do you have yours, and where do they sound the best? Is the original placement all right?

I've got mine under the original grills too, they work really well because the sound bounces off of the windscreen and hits you just right!

I just cut the original tweeter holders to hold my new ones and they fitted a treat!

great. How do you get the covers off then? just prise them off or whatever? and how do you get the wires down to the ground?

The covers just pop off.

And run the wires down the inside of the dash. If you're really keen you can take the dash out and replace the wires all the way back to the head unit.

dinkus, I'm running the wires back down to the boot for amplification. I was just wondering if it is hard to get the wires down to the floor, where I can hide them under the carpet.

tricky, fiddly and finger-skinning, but not impossible. it helps if you take the dash appart (but not out!) remove stuff like the undertrays and the speedo clocks and you should be able to get your hands in to where they need to be. the old trick of tiing the wires to a wire-coathanger works well too.

they sound nice in the original position and they are easy to fit , mine are run phased via the crossovers which are behind the footwell kick panels

hth

they sound nice in the original position and they are easy to fit , mine are run phased via the crossovers which are behind the footwell kick panels

hth

hah, awesome positioning. Perhaps I'll be a twat and copy you :p