Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Back lit instrument panel

I have them in mine (DDI Ones) and they are good, look very nice. I have heard stories from others that have them fitted saying that after a year of them being fitted they are starting to fail though.

I'd like a couple of standard ones, actually. I've got some crap white faced ones now, graded to 280kph, which makes them inaccurate. Some back-lit ones would be nice, though. Do you got a pic of them installed and everything, Blue_Joe?

They aren't actually backlit but the numbers and other white areas are made of a material that "glows" under electric current. I'll take pics later to show you all!

I've got some DDI ones, and as long as you know the business end of a screwdriver, you can fit them!

Contact zarman he can supply them.

i just reversed the polarised filters in the lcd and fitted blue led's to give the mk4 red/blue look , also did all the switches with red leds

not as good as ddi but def cheaper :wink:

you could just do the lcds and leave the green floodlight to keep them oem look (lcd will be any colour you like ,just depends on the colour filter you use

not a good pic, look much better in the flesh

I am just not a fan of the standard "flood lit" dails they look realy dated, I guess the white dials dont look to bad though, do you know the rough cost of the kit?

Hello, I have only one UK set left in stock. A new batch is coming in a couple of weeks or so.

You can order them here ---> http://www.dubdesignindustries.com/cata ... cts_id=178

Here is a better picture of the UK set.

uk_cluster.jpg

Here's the Canadian/Euro version and how the glow looks at night.

gauges0xx.jpg

This is how they look on my car.

IMG_1143b.jpg

Here's a picture of the oil volt gauge which is sold separately.

IMG_1159b.jpg

Best regards

Hi, the gauges are $105 for the 3 faces. The oil volt gauge if you need is $40. Shipping to the UK is $10 with regular air mail (no tracking or insurance) or $45 express with tracking and insurance. Payments by Paypal to mailto:[email protected].

THANKS

Isnt the oil/volt gauge just a face plate for the gauges, not the actual gauges themselves? Just so people dont get confused ;)

thats my only concern too - the needles dont show up. any fixes/etc for this? JMC i think left the bulbs in but removed the green filter - not sure what else he did though. paint the needles with something?

thats my only concern too - the needles dont show up. any fixes/etc for this? JMC i think left the bulbs in but removed the green filter - not sure what else he did though. paint the needles with something?

Yep, I left the bulbs in and took the green filter out. I painted the needles with som form of UV fluorescent paint (can't for the life of me remember where I got it though) as I was going to use UV led's instead of the bulbs. TBH I don't think the UV stuff has made difference to how it looks with the bulbs. Leaving the bulbs in gives enough light for the needles without being overpowering. Also fitted the chrome rings and changed the LCD's to red. I think it looks OK :D

blimin heck that was fast... any chance of a shot from behind the wheel? thinking about this - or the blue led route with red reverse lcd

blimin heck that was fast... any chance of a shot from behind the wheel? thinking about this - or the blue led route with red reverse lcd

Here you go, bit shaky though (trying to hold the camera for a 1s exposure at night is not fun). This is with the dimmer turned up to it's brightest (I run it slightly turned down usually, as it stops the invertor humming, and prolongs the life of the electroluminescent displays).