Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

no thread in wipers

just got some lupo wipers sent from a vw breakers. only £20 for 2 drivers arms/blades. but there is no thread in the arms. so the wiper mech is going round, but the wipers are not moving :( is there anyway that this can be rectified?? :(

yeah, mine are tha same, and I've had no trouble with them slipping!

They are fine if you just push them firmly onto the original splines and then tighten the bolt up! :wink:

i have tightened up the bolt as moch as it will go, but there is not alot of thread on the wiper spindle also. :(

hmmm....mine would actually stay in position without the bolt being tightened at all! The shape of the inside of the bolt hole on the wiper arm kind of just wedged itself onto the orig splines :?

The inside is smooth and tapered so tightening it onto the spline will make it fix into position but you may need to try a washer or two to get the pressure to clamp it enough.

Chris

try tightening them with the arms off the windscreen, i foung the pressure in the spring was enough to stop the arms sliding down the spline

if worst comes to worst, you couldalways try a washer followed by a star washer (one that cuts into stuff) followed by the arm. then a star washer under the top nut.