Sign in to follow this  
TMT McCoy

TMT McCoy's 'Coupe...More of the usual page 10 :smile:

MMM shiny bits! Personally id paint the spoiler in matt to match the grill. Love this car, its so fecking cool!!

I brought a supersprint header a couple of months ago with intentions of chrome plating it.

Sorry, not related to your plating topic, but have you driven the car with it fitted or did you just buy it and store it ready for plating? Just interested as I'm considering getting a Supersprint 6 brancher myself, just wondering what the gains are like and where they are in the rev range. I've used headers on 16Vs in the past and the midrange was noticabley better, but slightly flatter response off idle up to 2K as they need a lot of heat to work properly.

I brought a supersprint header a couple of months ago with intentions of chrome plating it.

Sorry, not related to your plating topic, but have you driven the car with it fitted or did you just buy it and store it ready for plating? Just interested as I'm considering getting a Supersprint 6 brancher myself, just wondering what the gains are like and where they are in the rev range. I've used headers on 16Vs in the past and the midrange was noticabley better, but slightly flatter response off idle up to 2K as they need a lot of heat to work properly.

I haven't been able to drive my car yet with this header fitted. I brought the header & stored it away until I was able to get it powdercoated. From what I've heard the power gains from a header fitted to a basically stock VR are slim to none. Maybe about 5 - 7 hp. I know it sounds a bit silly but I chose to run the header just to tidy up the bay a bit more and it gives the VR a more aggressive sound. :oops:

That's as good a reason as any, good luck with it!

I spoke to my mechanic about them today and he thinks they won't fit on right hand drive cars properly anyway, so that saves me a bit of cash :-)

Picked up a few more pieces yesterday afternoon when I got out of work. Should be stopping by today as well to pick up everything else. Just have the rear subframe ( Lee, you're gonna love it... ), rims & a few other pieces of hardware left to get plated before the rebuild. :)

the level of effort from you and lee just absolutely amazes me can i ask are you scared to drive it? and do you miss sometimes the feeling that not such a special car would give you that you can just take it out and give it an absolute hammering! excellent though! do you think you'll ever stop!

the level of effort from you and lee just absolutely amazes me can i ask are you scared to drive it? and do you miss sometimes the feeling that not such a special car would give you that you can just take it out and give it an absolute hammering! excellent though! do you think you'll ever stop!

I most definetly understand what you're saying. Sometimes I look at what I'm doing and say what have I gotten myself into. It's nice to look at & all but kinda impratical to use frequently. I figure that once the car gets in print & this years show season wraps up...I'll use it more frequently & try to enjoy it! :cry: :lol:

Lookin good. 8)

Thanks, bro! :wink:

I saw your question before it got edited. The plate is for the bottom of the shifter cable box.

thats good to know i take my hat off to you and what you've achieved absolutely stunning! well done! let us know how she drives when you do give her some stick! gonna be amonster i reckon!

I most definetly understand what you're saying. Sometimes I look at what I'm doing and say what have I gotten myself into. It's nice to look at & all but kinda impratical to use frequently. I figure that once the car gets in print & this years show season wraps up...I'll use it more frequently & try to enjoy it! :cry: :lol:[/quote:20522]

Ditto, enjoying mine as a runabout and pose mobile this year :lol: Looking forward to seeing what surprises you have in store with the subframe!!

I most definetly understand what you're saying. Sometimes I look at what I'm doing and say what have I gotten myself into. It's nice to look at & all but kinda impratical to use frequently. I figure that once the car gets in print & this years show season wraps up...I'll use it more frequently & try to enjoy it! :cry: :lol:[/quote:184a9]

Ditto, enjoying mine as a runabout and pose mobile this year :lol: Looking forward to seeing what surprises you have in store with the subframe!![/quote:184a9]

Lee, I should have the rear subframe back sometime next week! I've invested somewhere around 60hrs. into the welding & smoothing. :?

I put this together last night in my kitchen floor. Needless to say my girlfriend wasn't to happy with me! :lol: I'm about to get out of work in a few minutes to run over to the chromer...will take pic's & post them as soon as I can. Lata...

I most definetly understand what you're saying. Sometimes I look at what I'm doing and say what have I gotten myself into. It's nice to look at & all but kinda impratical to use frequently. I figure that once the car gets in print & this years show season wraps up...I'll use it more frequently & try to enjoy it! :cry: :lol:[/quote:1e0a3]

Ditto, enjoying mine as a runabout and pose mobile this year :lol: Looking forward to seeing what surprises you have in store with the subframe!![/quote:1e0a3]

Lee, I should have the rear subframe back sometime next week! I've invested somewhere around 60hrs. into the welding & smoothing. :?

I put this together last night in my kitchen floor. Needless to say my girlfriend wasn't to happy with me! :lol: I'm about to get out of work in a few minutes to run over to the chromer...will take pic's & post them as soon as I can. Lata...[/quote:1e0a3]

wow, liking that!

Here's a few more pieces that I got to pick up yesterday. Did a little experimenting with the valve cover! 8) Should have some progress pic's of the shell sometime next week. I'm kinda at the mercy of my bodyshop right now.

I figured that I could add oil using the dipstick tube. If not I'll just remove the upper intake manifold & valve cover for oil refills. My chromer took it upon himself to delete the fins from the lower timing chain cover. Absolute shame you won't be able to see any of it once it's installed.

I picked these pieces up today from my upholstery shop. Had the rear parcel shelf wrapped in porsche cashmere beige leather along with three 3D ginger alcantara inlays. The inlays have bevelled edges are semi-countersunk into the shelf and are fully cushioned! They also deleted the the rear seatbelt passages & speaker holes from the shelf as well. Both pieces of the inside door grab handles were wrapped in ginger alcantara.

I truely believe you are building what will be the worlds best show car. The cool thing is its not another golf, but something a bit different. I will have to make a trip to the US at some point, just to see this car in the flesh! 8)

Awesome awesome work.

Jay

ur officially a cf forum nutter Mr.McCoy! looking very schweet!

Thanks alot, Iow! :)

I really do appreciate the support.

I truely believe you are building what will be the worlds best show car. The cool thing is its not another golf, but something a bit different. I will have to make a trip to the US at some point, just to see this car in the flesh! 8)

Awesome awesome work.

Jay

Thanks alot, Jay. Comments like that definetly mean alot to me coming from you guys. I really wish I could make the trip over to E38 this year to see all of your cars in person. Although I don't think my wallet is deep enough to finance a vacation like that this year. :cry:

now that would be Mr.McCoy, you wanna camp in sunny old england? and get drunk with us barmy corrado owners lol!

PM sent, sir!!!