Sign in to follow this  
timmaaah

Cracked Windscreen

Driving in this morning, had a car come towards me, just as it passed, it pinged a stone right into the corner of my windscreen. 'Just a little chip' I thought, 'That'll be ok!'. I then watched the crack grow and grow on the way into work. :roll: 4rse. I've now go to pee about with the insurance and get a new one. :mad: Just thought I'd try and get some sympathy!!

Just some advice. I would be careful who replaces the screen as with a genuine one there are spacers supplied to position the new screen correctly and some of the efforts I've seen have been pretty poor from some companies (even large nationals). Search for recommendations, use VAG bodyshop or post requesting good feedback from companies in your area - you know it makes sense!

Shame you couldn't get his number plate. A lorry flicked stones up at my friends car and cracked his screen. Went to the police and they spoke with the insurers and got it done for free by the 3rd party (he wasn't fully comp and couldn't afford £300)

If you are covered on your insurance you might not have the luxury of being able to shop around for recommendations.

I had mine done a few months ago and having read some horror stories on here I asked to be able to watch (so as to keep an eye on what was going on). I also checked that the fitter had done Corrados before and knew what he was up against. Took them 2 hours + and the job was good thank heavens.

Good luck, fingers crossed for you and lots of sympathy.