Sign in to follow this  
iamrinswind

VR6 Storm in Classic Green

Here are some pics I took just before Christmas of my Storm, got a few little job to sort out on it, what do you all think? Be nice nothings perfect!

Standard except: K+N, Stainless Exhaust, AVO Coilovers and Backlights (Still have originals)

FVWSH, 126k, Original panels and paint all round (as far as I can tell)

Here is a direct link: http://http://www.clawtech.co.uk/pics/corrado/index.htm

Will load the pics as well,

The lights came on the car, I personally don't like them much they look good from a distance but their too dark when you get up close.

Prefer the look to the originals but am thinking about changing them (reversing lights are almost non existant as well)

Looks so dark! Nice though :) I'm no sure about the rear lights either.

Where in Cornwall are/were you from?

unfortunately yes - actually never been there and don't want to either

as I said earlier the Spingo is a better way to spend an afternoon - thats if you can avoid the open drains

........."Helston drivers soon learn how to parallel park with precision"

Here are some pics I took just before Christmas of my Storm, got a few little job to sort out on it, what do you all think? Be nice nothings perfect!

Standard except: K+N, Stainless Exhaust, AVO Coilovers and Backlights (Still have originals)

FVWSH, 126k, Original panels and paint all round (as far as I can tell)

Here is a direct link: http://http://www.clawtech.co.uk/pics/corrado/index.htm

Will load the pics as well,

Your Storm looks great. How did you get the paint work to look so good. I am taking delivery of a 95 Storm in Classic Green next week and would love to get it looking like that. The lowered suspension really helps the look of the solitude wheels.

The thing I really like about the paint on it is that it seems to look good in any situation. (By the way it had just been washed)

When its sunny its a really nice metalic green

When its clouldy it gets that really nice dark sleek look in the pics

At night or under street lights its almost black!! like my avatar pic

The car is sitting on a set of AVO fully adjustables (GTZ's) but I think the secret is that its only been given a small drop, so it looks standard (like its how it was supposed to be) and makes the wheel fit the arches better. I think if I put it any lower then it would look wrong, also it would lose travel and handling. Its just perfect on speed bumps as well.

They're nice, the springs are fairly rigid but not over the top, and the shocks have plenty of adjustment on them. Athough I think you would never use the very softest as you lose the feeling of the road, I've got them set of half soft/hard and it's a nice compromise of comfort and handling.

The rears seem to go a bit harder than the fronts, but I've just put new ones on the back so not sure if thats got anything to do with it.

BTW not had a great amount of experience with coilovers so can't really compare that much. The best handling car I've ever had was a MK1 GTI with Ebach springs and uprated gas dampers (lower strut brace, poly bushes and 195/45/15 Yoko A539's)