Sign in to follow this  
Talc

20vT in a mini

Corr.. That is going to be rapid.

Wouldn't like to race that, it would rape me 10 times over

He's be better mounting the engine in the rear. I've seen it done with a Honda V-TEC engine in the back.

I'll hopefully be let loose in a Minibusa this summer when the one I've been helping to build finally gets finished.

I dont like the wider look. It has to look standard so you can sneek up on people at traffic lights. Will still be a laugh to drive though.

http://www.spagweb.com/v8mini/doris/index.htm Well ugly! I read in a mag that the engine needed to come up a little. This guy dragged the engine block up and down the patio untill he had took enough off for the sump to clear whatever it was hitting! It worked too!

Farmyard engineering or what.

A friend of mine is building a V8 mini.

It used to be a 2.0 16v vauxhall lump with an SBD 350 kit and a 100 shot of nitrous. He won Ultimate Mini at York 5 or 6 years ago. He said it wasnt fast enough so is convering to V8.

I haven't seen him or the mini for over a year now, but last time I saw it the engine was in temporarily and he was sorting driveshafts..

I must get down to see him again and get some pics.

I seem to remember a Mini pickup that had a 5.7 Chevy V8 on the flatbed and was rwd... Apparently it would keep up with a McLaren F1 till 100mph! :shock: